Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently everytime I press down on the clutch while changing gears I'm noticing a clicking noise. (It's a single click, and it sounds like it's coming from the clutch pedal area). What could this be? Possible loose Shift linkage? If so..how and where would I tighten it? I'm totally clueless...It just started the other day. Any ideas or suggestion? :confused

·
Registered
159 Posts
Same here! It happens to me when the car begins to move!
It happens when puting reverse too! Is it the same to you? But it is not a Click sound is a CLACK!

The same sound happens when reaching a stop light and when the car is almost at full stop and you begin to accelerate it makes the sound too with out entering the clutch.

Any help?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
promo2000 said:
It happens when puting reverse too! Is it the same to you? But it is not a Click sound is a CLACK!

The same sound happens when reaching a stop light and when the car is almost at full stop and you begin to accelerate it makes the sound too with out entering the clutch.

Any help?
Yeaaa....WTF? :confused Does anyone have an idea?

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
I've here that it could be the belt that drives the AC! or somthing like that! It happens to me sumtime when i have the AC on! But its winter!

You could also feel it in the stering wheel!

Ive post this maytime and has never gotin a str8 answer!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Type_SH RaCer said:
I've here that it could be the belt that drives the AC! or somthing like that! It happens to me sumtime when i have the AC on! But its winter!

You could also feel it in the stering wheel!

Ive post this maytime and has never gotin a str8 answer!
That's interesting that u mentioned a belt.....I've also recently noticed that when I start up my car, one of the belts make a weird noise as well. As if one of them are dry or something.......... :confused But i dunno how the two would relate with each other?

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Team_Carnage said:
That's interesting that u mentioned a belt.....I've also recently noticed that when I start up my car, one of the belts make a weird noise as well. As if one of them are dry or something.......... :confused But i dunno how the two would relate with each other?

The AC belt i think is connected to your power steer and then too the others! and if one is dry the it might make a clicking noise!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Type_SH RaCer said:
The AC belt i think is connected to your power steer and then too the others! and if one is dry the it might make a clicking noise!
So how do I stop that noise from happening?

·
Registered
159 Posts
but the noise is not constant, Its something that has to do with aceleration and clutch. :noo

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
promo2000 said:
but the noise is not constant, Its something that has to do with aceleration and clutch. :noo
:nod Yea this is true. No one has mentioned the fact of a loose shift linkage :confused. Is this completely ruled out?

*Seeing that it has something to do with acceleration and clutch....could an engine mount be loose causing that noise as well? :confused

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
if its coming from the pedal area make sure the spring on the pedal is lubed up or not rubbing on anything

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick V said:
if its coming from the pedal area make sure the spring on the pedal is lubed up or not rubbing on anything
I'm gonna check that 2morrow. It might also be the throttle cable (A lillte dry) :confused

·
Registered
926 Posts
promo2000 said:

Any help?
hmm mine does that when going into reverse...it makes clacking sound but i dunno if this is normal or not. sometimes it wont go into reverse, but if i pump the clutch twice it will go in. i dont have problems like that in any other gear tho

also a lil off topic but whenever i shift it sounds kinda strange...my grandpa said its called notching or something? he said the MTF was just replaced so i dunno waht it is :confused

·
Registered
286 Posts
My buddy had the same issue with his Civic. The clicking was pretty loud, and could best be heard from outside the vehicle. We couldn't figure out where it was comming from. We brought it to the local Honda dealer, where they informed us that it was common issue, especially on higher mileage cars and not to worry about it. That was 2 years ago and he hasnt had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have a bad motor mount and every now and then I notice a similar noise. I didn't notice it until right after my tranny got replaced. I initially assumed it had something to do with the transmission or axle or something like that, but now that I think about it, it may have been going on the whole time, but I didn't notice it until the transmission thing. Probably cause I was just paying more attention right after that to make sure everything was right.

anyway, I could see it being a motor mount in my case. I know I have a cracked mount bushing, and I know the engine moved as soon as I engage the clutch.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
that clicking is also in my clutch pedal, Its not loud at all so thats why Ive never take car of it. But I believe its something that may be dry. but who knows, Ill try to check it 2morrow.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So many probable causes...Urgghhhh! :cry

bob12345: For some reason the bad motor mount seems to be #1 on my clack noise list. I hope this is not the case....$$$$

tiller: Yea I notice that as well in reverse...Does It sounds like a cord is being tugged when you come off the clutch? :confused

quickludesi Did the Honda Dealer tell what the prob was?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't recall the dealership ever stating what they believed the problem to be. There is a simple way to test wether or not the noise your hearing is the same as that I have experienced. It requires 2 people, but is rather simple.
1. Open hood and have a friend stand at the front of the car.
2. Get in car and with engine off, engage clutch and release clutch.
If your friend can hear the noise and locate it's source, have them point it out.
3. If the noise cannot be loacted or heard, then try the same test with engine at idle and transmission in neutral.

OK, so thats my quality step by step instructions for clutch release testing :D
Any ways I hope that helps you loacte the problem, and once you find it perhaps you can descirbe it better.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Team_Carnage said:
So many probable causes...Urgghhhh! :cry

tiller: Yea I notice that as well in reverse...Does It sounds like a cord is being tugged when you come off the clutch? :confused
QUOTE]
hmm i dont think so. its when i push the shifter into reverse is when i hear the clacking sound. besides the slight noise when im shifting regularly (1-5) theres no tugging feeling/sound

·
Registered
910 Posts
Clutch pedal return spring... there was a recall on them in mid 90's... theres even a warranty return on it i belive... might can get it changed and installed free of charge

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PreludeKing1995 said:
Clutch pedal return spring... there was a recall on them in mid 90's... theres even a warranty return on it i belive... might can get it changed and installed free of charge
AHHH!!!!! Now this sounds like the problem.... Anyone heard of this recall b4? This is the first time I 've heard of this recall. Is there any documentation on this.

Now I can probably go to the shop with some insight as to what it might be. I feel like this might be the case...it just makes the most sense as to why I'm hearing this annoying clack. :hug (platonic)

PreludeKing1995 : Did you also have this prob? If so what happened, and how much $$$ did it happen for?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts