Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,221 Posts
it could be one of so many things, check out your inner and outer CV boots.....if its not that, it might be your main shaft bearing inside the tranny or maybe even something like your throwout bearing in there....can you describe in a bit more detail? does it do it at idle if you rev the motor up in neutral? does it increase with engine speed while in 1st and 2nd gears?

· Registered
7 Posts
I am experiencing something similar....

Whenever I hit the gas, I hear a knock, normally only in 1st or 2nd gear. It only happens from the stock to go, or when I am going like 35mph+ in 2nd gear, and hit the gas hard to like rock the car.

I just had my stereo apart, so it may just be something loose, but it sounded like it was coming from the tranny....

I haven't been too rough with the car, considering its a 2001 I'm hoping its not a transmission prob...

· Registered
1,336 Posts
sorry to say but theres a good chance that its your transmission :) you should go have it check out , if its a 2001 does it still on warranty?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.