Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I let go the gas pedal to slow down I would hear a clicking noise coming from the front of my car.
I wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before.
Can it be my front axles? or the transmission?

·
Registered
539 Posts
what kind of clicking? during teh summer my catalytic converter went and whenever i let go of hte gas (engine bogging down) it would make a horendous noise that resembles a clicking.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont' think its the cat converter, just got it changed last monday with a carsound because old cat converter was rumbling after 6 months...too much NOS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get the same sound on my car. 00 accord I also get it when I sink the clutch. Dealer telling me its the hydraulic clutch but somehow I don't believe them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Akfortyseven said:
i dont' think its the cat converter, just got it changed last monday with a carsound because old cat converter was rumbling after 6 months...too much NOS.
how did the tone of ur exhaust change?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AcC95oRd said:
how did the tone of ur exhaust change?
what do you mean how did the tone of my exhaust change? you mean before or after i change the cat?

Before I change cat you can hear the cat making rattling noises.
After i changed it, it doesn't make that rattling noise no more.

Anyways, so what do you guys think that is making that clicking noise when i let go of the gas petal? its coming infront from the passenger side. maybe my axles? my cv boots are not ripped though.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Perhpas it's a relay? Maybe your valves are sticking and need adjustment? I don't know. But usually clicking is associated with relays in your electrical system.

And um, did your new cat help give you some power? I'm researching on how much aftermarket cats help. And on what brand is best.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i have this problem...it happends only when i let off at 55 to 50 mph and if i shift early like at 2500 rpm...

maybe axle?

mine sounds more like popcorn

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
clicking is usually axles. turn ur wheel all the way to one side and check our your CV boots, its probably torn and all the grease in it is gone.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
my axle is superb...nothing wrong, no rips...its only 2 years old.

it has to be my axle...they at the performance shop said its my differential bearing going bad...but iono...

i just have no time to take out the axle and replace it to see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I don't think it's the CV joint. That would only click when you were turning (right?). If it's when your letting off the gas and the clutch is under load, I'd say it's got more to do with the transmission than the axles...2cents

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
it cant be the outer cv boot..but it can deal slightly with the inner cv boot...

my .2 cents (bling bling) =)

i have no clue

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
When I had stock 94-95 rims, one of my lugnut was lose and it would make a clicking sound when I let off gas. I checked axels and everything but never popped the center cap off to tighten the nut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the op sold the car? And we don't know the answer to this?
I have same issue been trying to figure it out with no luck yet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts