Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well it is snowing here and now I got a new problem. When I hit the brakes on the passenger side I am hearing a small clicking noise and its only when I am hitting the brake and the tire is skidding in the snow. Sounds like it is near the tire on the pass side of the car. There is plenty of meat on the brake pads and the rotors are fat with no scores.

I am not sure what the ABS sensors do when they go bad, but it might be something to do with them I think. If the sensor is bad, would it in any way cause a vibration while driving the car also?? :confused

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
how are your CV Boots? maybe there's something stuck in the calliper?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's probably something with your axle, CV boot is torn and something in there or posibly worse. Just look at the boots for any holes.
I don't think the ABS sensors cause any vibration when they are bad. Is the ABS light going on at all?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thephig said:
It's probably something with your axle, CV boot is torn and something in there or posibly worse. Just look at the boots for any holes.
I don't think the ABS sensors cause any vibration when they are bad. Is the ABS light going on at all?
Well CV boots are replaced as I had done that one about 1 1/2 month ago. Its only clicking when the wheel is actually slipping on the icy/snow road and I am applying the brake. It only Happens when brakes applied and the wheel is skidding.

So thats telling me that it source may be more in line with the abs sytem, but unfortunately I have to guess. :cry Its not the clicking that you when when you are turning like with CV joints. Definitely not the same sound.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
well the abs system is supposed to sound like loud thuds when it comes on. you feel it thru the pedal too.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
weird my car is doing the exact same thing... but mine makes the noise when decelerating, even without touching the brakes. it also shakes like my tire is offbalance when i'm at about 35-55 mph. so... since it only makes the noise going below 20 mph when decelerating only, i figured maybe i spun a wheel bearing... bearings always have weird symptoms. if so, this will be two cars in a row that I've had to replace wheel bearings in, lol.

·
Registered
868 Posts
the abs system on hondas are louder than on any other car i've ever been in. i'm pretty sure that's the thing you hear. you feel it in the pedal right? if yes, it's the abs kickin' in

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FOund out finally

Well i found out what I needed to know today. I decided that when I was skidding, that I was gonna hit the brake harder. So I did. and sure enough, I felt the brake pedal jumping up and down. Not only that, I was also able to determine that the inner wheel bearing is fried. It almost totally seized up on me.

So I pulled the assembly off the car and brought it to the machine shop and it will be pressed in tomorrow for $92.00(including bearing) + $9.00 for cutting the rotor.

I also have to put out for pads as they got burnt up because of the tremendous vibration and heat from the overheated bearing. So maybe I will be able to drive smoothly down the road again. Yippee!! :clap :clap

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
krazykloudz said:
So... you're saying the noise was not from the abs... right?
Well apparently I have a couple things going on at the same time and I am still waiting for the ABS to come in as it was a special order from a local parts store. I still have a ABS problem too.

I fixed the vibration, I think for now, but still have the clicking. :wow

I also have 2 different calipers on the front on my car. 1 nissin caliper and 1 akobano caliper, so its a b*&ch to order pads for now. Might have to go to a yard and pick up another caliper to get a matched set being i just brought ceramic pads today and put them on the drivers side of the car. Went to do the passenger side and said hey wait this dont look right. Sure enough what a friggin crock. :mad :mad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts