Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a strange sound coming from under my hood between abour 3500-5500 rpm... Its not detonation, but just a strange clicking. My grandparents car does it, my dads old truck did it, but they had kinda high miles. Im just under 50k on a 91 accord and want to know what this is so i dont seriously fuck up my car. Any thoughts on this?

· Registered
2,618 Posts
if its clicking that increases with rpm its ur valve timmings....you need a valve adjustment...usually this is normal and is mainly caused by higher revvs...my car needs it too...a valve adjustment is like 80 bucks...imma do mine when i do my water pump..

WHOA 50K in your 91???? how the heck did u do that?? new engine or something??? man i got 146 in mines!

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the car was my grandma's friends, and when she got her licence taken away, she gave me the car. She only used it like once a week to go a couple miles to the store. I got it from her almost 2 years ago. It had 24000 when i got it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.