Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my center storage, center console/shifeter thing pulled, cd player pulled, the bracing/metal thing for the cd player pulled (the honda piece). Also have the center vents pulled. No amount of wiggling or otherwise careful pulls is removing this climate control assembly. It burn a few bulbs.

I have spent hours looking online for a writeup, and PM'd several "jdm" **** on honda tech that prolly would know about it (converting to amber bulbs), so far no responses in the last few weeeks.

Is there anyone on here that knows how? I see no screw, maybe Im blind or dont have my head in the right position, its painful for y back to be twisted up to see it correctly.

If someone could also provide a picture perhaps?

Thanks in advance guys

-Matt

· Registered
45 Posts
I believe theres 4 screws on the stereo you have to remove. you need to remove the glove box and also the panel underneath the steering wheel maybe. its kindof tricky to get to the screws. and 1 holding the unit in.

and also take your time removing it. they make shitty clips that break easy.

· Registered
45 Posts
Heres a little something i found on another forum. hope this helps a little more

Ok. I had a similar problem with that too. Unlike the cluster where you twist the bulb sockets in, the climate control bulbs just push in to their sockets and the sockets snap into place (the sockets are directly wired behind the climate control so you can't remove them from the cluster - they're dangling from wires). Either you have dim bulbs, or one or both sockets have come out and are hanging slightly behind where they're supposed to be (which is what happened to me).

Only two bulbs light up the climate control. You have to remove the armrest console cover, the console around the stereo, unscrew the four scews holding in the stereo and pull that out. Behind the stereo and underneath the climate control is a single steel screw holding the climate control in. You'll need one of those stubby short phillips screwdrivers. Take that out and you can push the climate control out. I was unable to disconnect the climate control cables in the back so I had to shove my hand behind it to get to the light sockets. You also have to dismantle the face of the climate control to get to the bulbs. You'll see the bulbs sticking out, but the sockets are behind it so you can pull the bulbs right out but will need to hold the socket in place in the back to push the new bulbs in and to snap the sockets back into place.

The climate control uses the same bulbs as the cluster so two of #19 should do the trick. Just pull the bulbs out and push them into the climate control sockets. Also test the lights before reassembling. If they don't work, take the light out and flip it over and push it back in - the pins might be reversed.

Then reassemble and enjoy seeing things again.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill try this, thanks dude. Where did you find this info? I searched here, HT, hondaswap, jdmuniverse, and a few other forums.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn, I googled del sol climate control removal

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anywho, got it done, one screw on the bottom, middle,. then unhooking the air mix cable. also replaced the shifter bulb

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5 minutes, the biggest bitch after unhooking the air mix cable is getting my fat fingers behind the climate controls and using fingertiops to remove a 16 year old plug, I found that it has a small tab in the middle of the clip, facing down, then it pulled away. undo the clip for the fan control the same way,. clip tab in middle.

The original bulbs have these blue condom things to make it white, the one bulb that works I took of the blue thing, and the replaced the other bulb, now its orange? I figured it would be yellow or white. Im thinking it was these blue covers that causes it tyo go bad regardless, they were pretty much bulb bakers, the blue shit didnt peel of, it crumbled off.

Thanks for your help dude, I was searching for ever!!

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.