Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 4g Honda Prelude VTEC. I know the motor is a closed deck as opposed to the 5g being open. Which is better? I also know of a good block-guard if I were too get one....that wouldnt clog up the air-flow...Or ill just design and cnc one myself...

But im still wondering which is a better and more reliable or stronger deck..... Im also looking at getting a stronger sleeve....but im thinking the 4g might be stronger......

Also what turbine would you think would be best or turbo kit. Im going basically custom....but might not because of overall costs sometimes might be better for ME.....to buy a kit.

Let me know.....also shit...if you can name every kit you know for a 4g vtec lude.

·
Registered
220 Posts
how much custom do you want to go... ?? and i wouldnt block guard if you do have a cnc machine make one yourself with good material... if i were you i would sleeve the 4g... if you want to go crazy custom call Xs-engineering im sure they will have something for the prelude... although you might want to consider myles too at rev hard.. he does custom shit but he's a bit shady when it comes to prices unless you know him well... good luck.. but personally i would go with 4g..

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 4 gen are better, because they have the closed deck design. if your going to block guard the 5 gen then the custom is the best route. I heard that the premade ones might not seat correctly, because of warpage. my .02 on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.