Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey nice....glad sho is back up!
i was just wondering if a 97 ex cluster would just bolt right up to my 97 dx hatch. i'm just tryin to get that tach. if it does work are the wires provided even though the dx is w/o one? any response is appreciated
mike

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Would the same be true for a 95 CX hatch? Which hatch model came with a tach? I know it should be prewired and work so Im just wondering...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Roro said:
Would the same be true for a 95 CX hatch? Which hatch model came with a tach? I know it should be prewired and work so Im just wondering...
yes. for the 92-95 civic's vx, ex, and si had a tach. no modification necesary.

·
Registered
26 Posts
watch the odometer - you don't want to mess with your mileage

·
Registered
26 Posts
make sure beforehand though

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
problem

you can change the whole unit that houses your speedometer+odometer, but you might notice some problems with your gas meter gauge acting funny and your "need more gas" light not coming up, or at least thats whats happening with me :(

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Re: problem

RichyRichaPC said:
you can change the whole unit that houses your speedometer+odometer, but you might notice some problems with your gas meter gauge acting funny and your "need more gas" light not coming up, or at least thats whats happening with me :(
oh, i never heard of that. i have a friend that put in an ex cluster in a 94 hatch and another friend that put a 00 si cluster in a 98 hatch, and neither of them had problems with it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's your gas tank sending unit that controls both the guage and low fuel light - might be getting stuck.

My low fuel light doesn't work at all anymore, and my gas guage never drops below about 1/8 of a tank anymore either. Pissed me off when I ran out of gas with it at 1/8 ;( Granted, I have 130k miles on my car (96 EX)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts