Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna be putting my clutch and flywheel over my spring break. cluth finally started slipping after 175000 miles. wow. gotta love them hondas. well any ways. the clutch i got is just the exedy stage 1 with the 8lbs flywheel. the flywheel break in period is for 750 miles. and i think the clutch is 1000 miles. how should i be driving my car.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
break-in procdures vary from manufacturer to model to engine. most people drive it gently by keeping RPMs low until the first oil change. i have a cerametallic clutch disc and read that there is no brake in needed with cerametallic clutches so i really didnt baby it.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i've put around 800 miles on my exedy stage 1 and 8 lb flywheel, and i've just recently started driving pretty agressively and it feels AMAAZINGGGG :number1

when do you guys think its pretty safe to go auto-x'ing??
1,000 miles?! :rolleyes

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
Are you sure it is your axle? If it is clicking with the clutch in and going strait theres no load on it when it makes noise. Sounds more like it might be your throw out bearing, does it do it when you are not moving with the clutch in?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Clicking axle means the boot has been ripped for quite some time now and most likely most of the grease packed in the boot is gone and the joint is shot from being exposed to dirt, dust, and other road debris. If you catch torn boots early enough you can just replace the boots. Now if it starts clicking you might as well change the entire axle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.