Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch Feels Funny... Air Bubbles in Line? HELP!!!

I recently developed a weird tugging feeling on the clutch pedal when I press it down. Halfway pressing it down, I feel about 3 slight tugs as if something is in the way. It would feel something like you're pulling on a rope and then someone grabs it lightly 3 times. It doesn't feel that strong, but the feeling is there. It happens when I'm in gear or neutral and also when the car is on or off. I checked the clutch fluid and it's all there and not going down for the past couple of weeks. Anyone know what it could be?

·
Registered
123 Posts
check where the pedal goes over to the left(over the dummy pedal) could be the carpet. Good luck, hope that is all it is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, no grinding or stuff in the way of the pedal. Everything is the same except for that tugging feeling. Clutch still catches at the same point and all that. Maybe I need to grease the line? I don't know. Anyone got anymore ideas?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem is getting worse. Now the tugs are pulling longer and when I shift it feels as if the clutch is slipping a little. Really need help on this one before I have to take it to honda and kill my wallet. =(

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am always running into problems where no one is ever around when I need help. So last time I did my brakes I purchased a one-man bleeder kit. It will work just the same on your clutch. This is what a kit will look like...

All you need to do is slip your wrench over the nipple on the slave cylinder. then insert the nipple of the kit into the bleeder screw. Open the screw slightly. Then go into your car and press the peddle to the floor. You may have to pull the pedel back and then pump it again. If you place the bottle (has magnet attached) near the top of you radiator not only will the air run up out out of the line but you can see it from inside the car so nothing overflows. Just keep the master full and you can pretty much flush the entire system. Works great!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
As they say.... have someone step on the clutch while you look at the slave cylinder when the engine is off. Have that person to keep it pressed and not to let it go and do this repeatedly. If there is air in the line and is causing your clutch to engage then as a result you will observe that the slave cylinder will begin to move back to its original position.

Hopefully there would be air in the line, but if the slave cylinder actually remains after many repeated strokes then I'm afraid that your fork may be out of place and that would lead to internal bearing damage as well as wear of the clutch.

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.