1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
spilling from the top cover maybe? and then it evaporates in the engine bay

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thats what i thought too whenI was losing fluid. It was leaking from the slave cylinder, a common problem in the accord. It was very little a first so i couldnt tell where it was coming from either. Then it got worst over time...about a 6 month span to the point where I had to refill every day and then to completely losing all my fliud. Finally decided then to swap out my slave cylinder and bam, no more leaking.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not spilling front the top. It might be the slave cylinder but my leakage has not gotten worse overtime, or at least that i can see. When i bought the car a year ago, there was some breaking fluid in the trunk (dot3) so i think he had the same problem just never told me. How much would it be to change the cylinder? I dont want to spend too much because i think about doing a H22a swap in a few months or so.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
should be only about 40 bucks for a new slave cylinder. Its not hard to swap out. two bolts there and then loosen fluid line and it'll come off. replace and bleed clutch fluid and it'll all be good again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts