Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What setup is everyone running? Also, I was just watching on TV that they freed up 4 WHP with an aftermarket clutch/lightweight flywheel... are these changes REALLY felt in the car?

My mods this spring will be DC Sports DAC, DC Sports Header, RS*R ExMag Exhaust, Apex'i VAFCII, Cam Gears, Dyno Tuning.

Looking for a nice streetable clutch/flywheel combo.

I know I'm not making that much more power over stock and I had the clutch replaced about 15,000 miles ago... 82,000 on the car. Would it be ok to just install a lightweight flywheel, or should I just do the clutch while I'm at it too?

No mods planned after the ones listed above for the next 2 years... going to school so I won't have money.

Thanks in advance fellow luders!

~Peace

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
I'm running a ACT HD. with a 8lb pro light fly ( i know its light, but have gottin useto it!) I only have 225miles on it so i havent riped it yet untill 500miles!

You should have replaced your old fly when you changed your clutch! Or get it resurfaced!

Wow you replaced your clutch 15k mile ago and you wanna change it again? :bh if you have the $$$ do it.
What clutch you have in there right now?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Type_SH RaCer said:
I'm running a ACT HD. with a 8lb pro light fly ( i know its light, but have gottin useto it!) I only have 225miles on it so i havent riped it yet untill 500miles!

You should have replaced your old fly when you changed your clutch! Or get it resurfaced!

Wow you replaced your clutch 15k mile ago and you wanna change it again? :bh if you have the $$$ do it.
What clutch you have in there right now?

I had my flywheel resurfaced when they replaced the OEM clutch. I didn't have money to drop on it at the time so I just went with an OEM replacement because it had a 3 year warranty... the thing is that I only put 15,000 miles on my car in 3 years so the warranty is up... I figure with the extra mods I might start to beat on the clutch a little bit more.

Is the OEM clutch ok? Should I wait for it to start slipping? Is it ok to just use an aftermarket flywheel without replacing the clutch? If that's the case then couldn't I just get a lightened flywheel and use it with the OEM clutch?

~Peace

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
I had my flywheel resurfaced when they replaced the OEM clutch. I didn't have money to drop on it at the time so I just went with an OEM replacement because it had a 3 year warranty... the thing is that I only put 15,000 miles on my car in 3 years so the warranty is up... I figure with the extra mods I might start to beat on the clutch a little bit more.

Is the OEM clutch ok? Should I wait for it to start slipping? Is it ok to just use an aftermarket flywheel without replacing the clutch? If that's the case then couldn't I just get a lightened flywheel and use it with the OEM clutch?

~Peace
Like you said i wouldent waste $$$.. Just use what you have now untill sliping! $900 is a lot of $$$. The OEM clutch can hold 200hp or maybe more with the mods you have i dont think your pussing that! But with a Light fly should free up them HP your askin!

i dont see why you couldent! But when you replace a clutch and disk you should just do everything at once. To enshure proper contact between disk and fly! ("from my macanic")

My throw ber. when out so i replaced the clutch, disk and fly... onlys have 40k... it's from ripping it one night and racing to AC 4hr drive!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$900?! Haha. I have the money, but is it really that much if I do the install myself? Anyone have links to sites with pricing?

~Peace

·
Registered
510 Posts
going on my 3rd aftermarket clutch now. i've had act 6 puck unsprung and resurfaced flywheel 6000 miles didn't like it, exedy 3 puck cerametallic and exedy oam flywheel 5000 slips like hell, and now i'm having an rps max disc with exedy flywheel put in which is supposed to be good for 440 ft lb torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.