Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 accord with an h22a and i wanna upgrade my clutch and flywheel but dont realy know of any real top quality products. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
accord_SiR said:
i have a 94 accord with an h22a and i wanna upgrade my clutch and flywheel but dont realy know of any real top quality products. Any ideas?
Accord doesnt really matter; If you wanna know a top notch stuff you can check our Parts review forum, if you want to know what prelude guys in general are running and are happy with, you can check the prelude forum.
If you really are hardset on gettin an opinion from accord forum users, A search would be in order and you would find a wide variety of opinions

·
Registered
365 Posts
bonestock94 said:
competition clutch, act, cluctch master, exedy....
clutchmaster makes nice clutches/flywheels :)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
what are you looking for? streetability? super hard grip? how much torque are you running? is it a strictly track car? blah blah blah

there are a LOT of different factors you need to consider when choosing your clutch and flywheel. you can't just go out and buy an ultralight flywheel w/ a 4-puck clutch disk and racing pressure plate just because the super hardcore racers use them.

check out this clutch and flywheel faq: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132231

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not sure how much torque i have but im lookin 4 track results and somethin that wont dissapoint me on the street

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
track results? a real man's track w/ curves? or the kiddie-pool tracks (drag strips)?

·
Registered
365 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
track results? a real man's track w/ curves? or the kiddie-pool tracks (drag strips)?
ultra made a funny... lol

you usually have to work up your clutches in stages right? from what i've heard you can't just go from stock to a stage 3 clutch... you have to go stage 1, then 2 and then 3. if i'm wrong correct me, but that's what i've heard :)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
there's no need to go up in stages. that doesn't make any sense.

the clutch type should match the amount of torque the car is producing. for a basic setup, a heavy duty pressure plate w/ an organic disk is ideal to about 20% over stock. changing disks to a 4 or 6puck design increases capacity to almost 100% more. then a racing single pressure plate on the regular organic disk is good for about 50% more and depending on the brand, you can get up to 220% more torque capacity w/ the 3, 4 or 6 puck designs. no point in getting something that's too hardcore for your setup because then it becomes stupid to drive around on the streets.

as for flywheels....you'll either need some weight to keep the inertia to get some low end torque from a stop, or super duper lightweight if you're looking to sing in the high rpms and are trying to get all the power down to the ground while coming around the corners.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
foozbal said:
ultra made a funny... lol

you usually have to work up your clutches in stages right? from what i've heard you can't just go from stock to a stage 3 clutch... you have to go stage 1, then 2 and then 3. if i'm wrong correct me, but that's what i've heard :)
you heard wrong ;)

back to the thread flywheel choice is very important, I use to have a lightened flywheel my friend gave me, it made the revs come quickly on my CRX, but I had to be extra careful in stop and go traffice because it would stall easily if you let go off the clutch too quickly. Stage 2 and 4 clutches suck during traffic too due to pedal effort but you get used to it, I did and I am a wuss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts