Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time finding a clutch, that will take just over 200whp for my zc sohc any ideas people. Thanks:)

· Registered
399 Posts
go to www.capclutch.com they have clutch kits for pretty cheap and they hold well too.

I have their stock replacement kit in my ls/vtec and I am running 13.8 in the 1/4 mile with no slipping. I would think that their best kit would be more than adequate, and it only costs $225 + $25 shipping. check it out..

w w w. c a p c l u t c h . c o m in case it didn't show up above.

· Registered
554 Posts
I had a ACT 6-puck for my JRSC D16 Civic. Dayam, that clutch seemed to hold like anything. Pop the clutch and it seems like the motor was going to pop out the hood and land on my dashboard. Really wicked clutch. It held really well, but was a bit too rough for stop light, everyday driving. So I sold it. I'm leaning towards the Clutchmasters stage 3 now for my turbo B16. Supposedly same hold, less pedal pressure, and smooth engagement. We'll see.

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would ACT, Clutchmasters actually make a clutch for a zc sohc?? Does anyone have a website for them. Thanks

· Registered
323 Posts
is your tranny 89 or 90 because the 89 flywheel is 200 ml while the 90 and up are 212 or somehting like that, but the bigger surafce of the flywheel will be able to handle all that power, so if you had a 89 tranny, get the 90 or civic/crx flywheel with like a stage 2/3 clutch made for the 90 and up civics

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and I should add that this is a daily driver so not wanting a ceramic clutch they wear out to quick. My exedy ceramic only lasted about 15000kms:mad:

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dlim1 said:
is your tranny 89 or 90 because the 89 flywheel is 200 ml while the 90 and up are 212 or somehting like that, but the bigger surafce of the flywheel will be able to handle all that power, so if you had a 89 tranny, get the 90 or civic/crx flywheel with like a stage 2/3 clutch made for the 90 and up civics
Im not sure to tell the truth I know its an 8inch clutch:confused:

· Registered
155 Posts
Go for the Clutchmasters stage 3. I had an act 4 puck and that was to aggressive for daily driven. That act clutch 4 or 6 puck is for instant engagement. If you decide to go with act get something with turbo applications and make sure it's full face with sprung hub. But i stongly recommend Clutch Masters stage 3 or even stage 4, it has a 4 puck but it has a sprung hub so the engagement is smooth. Good luck. Duce and be safe.:D

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.