·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a gig of bandwith... i had 48 hits in like 40minutes.

Hang ups were putting the trans back on, I had to lift that thing into position while a friend bolted it on, extremely awkward shape, pretty heavy and it is hard as hell to get it into position just right. I am not done yet, I am doing a couple other things to like a fuel rail. Has taken prolly....10 hours of total work thus far. All that is left is putting the starter back on, and just bolting the rest of the stuff on.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
so do you have a lot of mechanical knowledge? do you think this is something that someone with basic knowledge (can do bolt-on installation with ease) should attempt?

do you just unbolt the tranny and it drops down or do you unbolt it and then pull it out sideways from the motor or anything?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first of all don't do it unless you have all the tools. Air tools are a must, ball joint seperator, torque wrench, all kinds of other misc stuff -- just basic things. Also a HELMS is a must. I do not have any huge knowledge on mechanics, but I know enough to get buy. You got to have at least 2 people, and 4-6 jackstands. When you unbolt the trans there is only one mount holding the engine so you have to use other stands to hold up engine. I woulnd't do it unless you aren't afraid of messing stuff up, I mean be willing to pay for any mistakes. For example the lower control arm bolt wouldn't come out, so I had to cut it with a impact saw, went to napa for replacement, they didn't have it.... so i go to honda and it cost me $30 bucks for bolt and bushing... I know that isn't much but still i could have messed up lot worse. Taking the trans off and on was the hardest part. Better be able to lift and be patient. It was a bitch of an install, just lots of parts came off, lots of remembering what bolts went where. Also a 2nd car is good incase it takes longer then planned.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the site works again

·
Registered
132 Posts
how did you drop the tranny? Did you have a lift or did you lower it with a jack? Also did you prop all four corners or just the fronts? I have plans on doing the clutch myself later this comming summer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have all four corners on jackstands, you have to prop the front end on the pinch welds right behind the tires...the suspension ends up being removed. I had a jack to lower the trans, but it ended up being mostly muscle that got that thing off because once it is unmounted to the motor, you have to lift and turn and rotate the thing till it comes off

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you mean the html?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i need your email addy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.