Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone I'm getting ready to start the install. I'm doing an ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate and an ACT Modified Street Disc. The shop I was gonna have do it screwed me over so I've decided to do it myself. Now I the pressure plate and disc and NGK bearings. Now what else do I need to do the install. There is only one bearing thing in there. (Don't worry I have someone who's done clutch installs before helping me.) So is there anything else I need? I had a Haynes book but I lost it so are there is there another manual that's any more detailed or should I just buy another Haynes manual??? Thanks
Corey

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, what about the flywheel? Should I have a shop do it, or should I buy an aftermarket one?? Does anyone have any recommendations for which brand? Thanks again
Corey

· Registered
112 Posts
look at your flywheel and see if its a nice silver color , if its purple or blue anodized (spelling) you need it to be re surfaced , they usually charge you like $50 for it it will give your clutch a longer life.

· Registered
56 Posts
no matter what, get the flywheel resurfaced. It will help the new clutch break in and you never know how warped or thin the old one is. Plus if you don't resurface the FW I doubt the ACT warranty will cover you.

Plus, change the rear main seal while your in there. Trust me, after doing all that work, you DO NOT want to go back in there any time soon

Oh, and only use the Helm manual www.helminc.com

· Registered
84 Posts
I've got the same set up as you...your gunna like it :) But yeah get the flywheel resurfaced. I assume you got a new throwout bearring. Also there is a bearring in the flywheel...get that replaced too it's like 7 bucks...have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.