Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this really confused me... tonight I go to start my car and the clutch pedal goes straight to the floor. I know it's around 10 degrees outside which makes me think the weather has something to do with it, but this happened the whole way on my 45min commute from work. Changing gears really isn't that nice and it almost seems as if the clutch is only partially disengaging. What is this? :confused I know it can't be good... any insight would be great.

P.S. All fluids under the hood are good and my car has 125k on the original clutch.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
sounds to me like one of the clutch cylinders may be bad, master cylinder maybe?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
ya, i dont have my troubleshooting manual handy right now, so i forgot about the pressure plate

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn pressure plate... a friend of mine worned me about it a month or so ago, but I didnt think anything of it. Any of you know the damage to the bank to get someting like this fixed? I'm away at school now and really am not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
try doing the easy and cheap things first. start with bleeding the system with fresh fluid. if that doesnt work then check the slave and master cylinders and replace if necessary. i rather change a master cylinder rather than dropping a transmission.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be up for bleeding the system if it wasn't 15 degrees outside and if I was at home where all the tools are. I am left with taking my car to a local shop and having them check it over. Would it be worth asking them to bleed the system or what? I don't want them looking all over the place because I don't have money to pay for labor like that. Thanks though. Keep the tips coming... I can't afford much downtime with my car.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
wheatfroggy17 said:
Ok, this really confused me... tonight I go to start my car and the clutch pedal goes straight to the floor. I know it's around 10 degrees outside which makes me think the weather has something to do with it, but this happened the whole way on my 45min commute from work. Changing gears really isn't that nice and it almost seems as if the clutch is only partially disengaging. What is this? :confused I know it can't be good... any insight would be great.

P.S. All fluids under the hood are good and my car has 125k on the original clutch.
yea if ur fluid is ok then u should just try bleeding it. check the slave and master cylinder . go inside and look to see if ur clutch pedal has fluid dripping down in there and open up the rubber on the slave cylinder to see if fluid is leaking.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
SuperSleeperB18 said:
if its the pressure plate sometimes its just worth it to replace the whole clutch because sometimes it will cost just as much.
yea i dont think u can buy a just a pressure plate new.gotta buy the whole kit i believe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just bought a Stage 1 Exedy clutch kit with a 8lb flywheel today... got an appointment to have it put in Wed. Thatnks for everything guys!

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
wheatfroggy17 said:
Just bought a Stage 1 Exedy clutch kit with a 8lb flywheel today... got an appointment to have it put in Wed. Thatnks for everything guys!
if u have no clutch pedal putting a new clutch wont do anything u knoe that right? do u have any clue on how the hydraulic clutch system works??pressure

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
john bryson said:
can you tighten it?
tighten wat? the clutch pedal? no he has a leak somewhere and his pedals going to floor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts