Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im doing a new clutch in my car and after getting the transmission out. we started unscrewing the pressure plate bolts. we later discovered that one of them was stripped real bad. we dont know how we could get that stripped bolt out without damaging flywheel.anyone seen a problem like this before?

·
Registered
396 Posts
well, drilling it out is probably the only way.... but it sounds like you've already considered that. i think if you used a small enough bit and drilled very carefully you could probably get it out.... maybe you could try holding the bolt with a vise grip (or similar tool) and just twist it out by hand.
my only other suggestion would be that you might as well replace the flywheel with a lighter one.... hope that helps, i'd try the vise grip if i were in your place, no chance of damaging the flywheel.
good luck man

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D16Y8mike said:
well, drilling it out is probably the only way.... but it sounds like you've already considered that. i think if you used a small enough bit and drilled very carefully you could probably get it out.... maybe you could try holding the bolt with a vise grip (or similar tool) and just twist it out by hand.
my only other suggestion would be that you might as well replace the flywheel with a lighter one.... hope that helps, i'd try the vise grip if i were in your place, no chance of damaging the flywheel.
good luck man
thanks..its out...we used a 9mm bolt and forced it out. since the bolt was a 10 we used a smaller one and got it stuck and unscrewed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts