Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some odd reason....i had to step on the clutch all the way down just to shift or start up the car..it has a stage 3 clutch can anyone help me out? is it because of my Clutch Slave Cylinder or my Clutch Master Cylinder...

·
Registered
27 Posts
well dude here we go having just gone through the same deal myself recently. this is what i did.
first i took off all hydraulics and operated the clutch by prybar
if you still cannot get it to release right take'er apart
if youre sure the pressure plate, disc and flywheel are good and straight this is the key part to check
the SIZE and WIDTH of your release bearing that was teh problem with mine it was slightly wider and took me ages to figure out compare it to stock VERY CLOSELY

·
Registered
27 Posts
operate the clutch lever with a prybar if it works evertime your hydraulics have an issue if not t he problem is inside the bell housing

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
ummm, arent you supposed to step on the clutch all the way to shift and start?
not necessarily (sp?). many people shift with just pushing the clutch about half way, like i do. the clutch is dissengages so its the same as all the way down, but some clutches engage at different points, so it depends on the car itself.
-quikflip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.