Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a niose coming from the Clutch when I start moving off in first. Without touching the Gas pedal, when I lift my foot off the Clush pedal slowly I can hear a clunking noise just beofre I pull away in first.

Can anyone tell me am I looking to have to replace the Clutch as it is worn out ?.. I will be upgrading the Clutch to a performance Clutch for the car but not yet, does this noise mean that I will have to change it sooner than I thaught ?.....:(

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
The noise you are refering aboult is proably your thrown out bearing, its the bearing that the clutch slave cylinder presses the arm on the throw out bearing that compress the pressure fingers on the clutch which releases the clutch pressure. So when its worn out, it will make some rattling or a sound when releasing the clutch, sometimes even when pressing the clutch.

SOry if its unclear cause i just got back from the club!!! wooo haaaa!!!!!!! hehe:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clutch query

So as I am throwing out a bearing do you recommend getting a Performance Clutch Kit to be assured that this problem wont show up again ?... or is it an easy fix ?... I take it this problem is caused by trashing the car and bad gear changing ?...

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Re: Clutch query

fly_high said:
So as I am throwing out a bearing do you recommend getting a Performance Clutch Kit to be assured that this problem wont show up again ?... or is it an easy fix ?... I take it this problem is caused by trashing the car and bad gear changing ?...
Those thrown out bearings wear out over time a stock one usually wears out at about over 90k miles. Depend on how much you use the car. Well how many miles do you have on your car? if its close to 100k or over, with the orginal clutch, then i would suggest its time to get a new clutch, and yes a aftermarket clutch, either stage 1, 2 ,3 is good. I have Clutchmasters stage 3 clutch. all clutch kits come with a new throwout bearing. But the throw out bearing replacement would mean removing the entire transmission off the motor. So you would be better off getting a new aftermarket clutch kit and have it installed, instead of replacing only the throwout bearing.

BTW, ACT, RPS, or Clutchmasters is what i recommend.

·
Registered
756 Posts
my original stock clutch had 163,000 miles on it when i took it out. :eek:

after putting the new tranny and clutch in, i now realized how badly it was slipping.

i recommend ACT. i love my act xtss. :vpleased:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.