Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LS/VTEC G2 integra as alot of you know. I have a B18A1 LS transmission with an ACT 6 puck clutch, heavy duty pressure plate and an ACT Streetlite 12.5lb flywheel. My question is here and there accelerating in 1st gear trying to drive the car slow it'll squeal like burning tires for a second or 2, I'm just hoping that it isn't the clutch slipping, but the clutch grabs mean as hell in every gear it just squeals like tires for a few seconds mainly when its really cold out or wet or I try to drive it really slowly from a stop. Is my clutch slipping what could be the problem, could I have my clutch tightened down to much or not enough? Its a 6 puck so it doesn't have a real breakin period or anything, but it shouldn't be dead at all considering it was in the car for like 2-3 months tops. I'm confused. :confused:

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not a throttle issue man, the less throttle I give it the more it wants to squeel, if I revved to 2000rpm and let out on the clutch or 2400rpm it wouldn't squeel like that...it does it when the clutch gets really hot too.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe its just cause its a 6 puck and it likes to be abused not driven softly....any other opinions or thoughts on it, I dunno why it would squeal like that...maybe its some sick twisted form of clutch chatter...engaugement is pretty damn harsh on shifts though....goes into gears fine no grinds or anything...shifts great...just taht squeal in first gear here and there...:confused:

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
any other opinions or thoughts on it, I dunno why it would squeal like that...maybe its some sick twisted form of clutch chatter...
thats what i was gonna say...clutch chatter might be your problem.
did you change the throw out bearing when you did the clutch job??

·
Registered
801 Posts
yeah i would be thinking about the throw-out bearing and if you lubed it when you put it back together?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah all that shit was replaced when it was done the ACT clutch kit I ordered came with the throwout bearing and stuff, the only time this happens is when I'm going from a stop and trying to drive slow. :confused:

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow...99 views...7 replies...so it should've been viewed what like 16 times max, wow lots of lurkers. Anyway...any more opinions on what it is, anyone else out there have a 6 puck that might have experienced this? :confused:

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
wow...99 views...7 replies...so it should've been viewed what like 16 times max, wow lots of lurkers. Anyway...any more opinions on what it is, anyone else out there have a 6 puck that might have experienced this? :confused:
so when you drive slow it feels like its slipping? thats weird. are you sure your just maybe not getting traction in first? try starting in 2nd gear one time and see if it still does it. any smells?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sounds like tires burnin for a second sometimes just a little squeal and I know its not my tires burning cause they're brand new Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole posistions P205/50/w15 and they dont' burn unless I drop the clutch at like 4000rpm then they go up in smoke, and it only sounds like that when I try to drive it slow, but its an off and on thing too, like last night it did it probalby 1 or 2 times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts