Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What clutch is the best bang for the buck? My stock clutch is beginning to slip. Actually, I surprised that it lasted this long, 82K miles, and 20K miles w/ JRSC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you still running on the stock clutch? I was really impressed with how long it held up. I talked to a performance shop and they suggested centerforce or clutchmasters. Have you heard good things about ACT, and do you know where is the cheapest place to buy from?

Thanks for you suggestions!:D

· Registered
2,529 Posts
Check out www.groupbuycenter.com for some really decent prices. I know there was a place that had ACT clutches for sale on groupbuycenter quite some time ago, and I'm not sure if they still have a groupbuy going, but their website is http://www.nrg-racing.com/

I've heard a lot of good things about ACT, and only a few one-off negative things here and there. I've heard a few good things about ClutchMasters, but have heard more bad things about them as well. It's really a personal preference I think regarding how stiff you want the clutch to be, what options you can get with which manufacturer, what other people have to say about it, and what price you consider more affordable (bang for buck basically).

I'm still on the stock clutch for now and it seems to be holding up just fine. I'm planning to run it down damn near completely before replacing it, and when I do replace it, I'll get more holding power and a lighter flywheel for some better times accelerating.

· Registered
310 Posts
I have had a centerforce dual friction clutch for two years now and it works great, only problem I have is it squeaks sometimes when I let it out, otherwise it works well, It has definatly done its share of burnouts...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.