Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Will the clutch disc & pressure plate for a Acura Integra R 1994-2000 model fit my JDM '97 Honda Integra R?

I was on clutchmasters website checking out the stage 2 or stage 3 clutch systems.

If they will fit should go with clutchmasters or another brand?

What are your thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is from when I was looking for an Exedy clutch:
APPLICATION

1994 - 2001 Acura Integra all models including GSR / TYPE-R

1999 - 2000 Honda Civic SI with 1.6L(B16) DOHC VTEC

1994 - 1997 Honda Del Sol with 1.6L(B16) DOHC VTEC

So my answer is yes.

I would only go with a stage 2 if you were making around or above 250WHP It would be a bitch to drive daily. Most stage 1 systems seem to make good up to around that point.
Here's the guys I talked when I was going to order mine luckily the motor had a new OEM clutch on it.
www.gripforce.com

references:
http://www.daikin-clutch.com/index.shtml
http://www.advancedclutch.com/

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have had good luck with ACT xt-ss A bit stiff but taking all the abuse I toss at it.
Call these guys up and ask away... clutchcityonline.com great service and hard to beat prices. I have bought from them twice :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bbasso said:
If your under 200whp then stay with the stock clutch and save money.
That's pretty true, depends on the condition of your stock clutch and future plans for hp upgrades.

I'm thinking most clutches are actually rated in Ft/lbs. Torque and/or % over stock torque. It took a while to come across some of those number and I really never did find a good graph or grid comparison of all.

That said - If you give your clutch hell then you'll definetly want to sacrifice some driveability for a stronger one that will withstand the abuse.

And definetly save some extra money and step up to a lighter flywheel in the process. I've heard the 7-8 pounds are not street freindly but I haven't upgraded yet so I can't give any first hand experience.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No way I'd run a stage 3 every day on a street car, On a weekend ride pushing over 300hp yes. Unless it was a magically smooth enjagement with barely over stock clutch pedal pressure I wouldn't want to deal with it daily.

Glad to know the 7lb flywheel isn't as bad as some have made it out. The guy I talked to said he had to rev his B16 pretty high to get inertia built up, to take off from stops, but for all I know he might not be able to drive a stick worth a crap.
I'll definetly look into one in the future!

·
Registered
69 Posts
lucian_ITR said:
I spoke this dude from clutchmasters & he suggested that I go straight to stage 3 by passing 1 & 2 because they are not that much different over stock.
Thats aload of bullshit!!!!
I upgrade from a stock DC4 clutch cause I thrashed the shit out of it, It melted like butter. Then I went to a extreme *not sure If u have in U.S*
HD organic plate and the grip is so much better. It can take a lot more abuse than stock and its not sooooooo heavy that ull snap ur leg trying to push it.
Although after an hour of peak hour driving mainly stop start not even getting out of 1st ur leg kills afterwards but meh! :eek: u sacrifice a bit of driveability for a better clutch IMO and I dont regret it at all mang :number1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.