Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figure i'll get more hits here...my clutch will act up every once in a while especially when my gas is low or i've driven it a lot in the day. When letting off, it feels as if i dont know how to drive stick to a passenger but i've been driving stick for like 4 years so i know its not me. It will hesitate and shake and its very frustrating when you try and be smooth. The previous owner said he changed the clutch so i dont know what the problem is. It seems to grab just fine most of the time...what could the problem be? Thanks guys..

·
Registered
361 Posts
to tell you the truth it sounds like its your actual driving, riding the clutch maybe? because when a clutch overheats it begins to slip... if not that you might be leaking something on your clutch

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could be, but i doubt it. It just started and i've had this car for over a year so A) I'm used to the clutch which happend like 10mins after drving it the first time and B) it should have happened earlier if it was right?...hmmm...any other opinions? Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
VtecSol said:
could be, but i doubt it. It just started and i've had this car for over a year so A) I'm used to the clutch which happend like 10mins after drving it the first time and B) it should have happened earlier if it was right?...hmmm...any other opinions? Thanks
your gas level shouldn't have any bearing on the operation of your clutch. when was the last time your fuel filter was changed? maybe your sucking debris/rust/sludge through your fuel lines when the gas level is low and this causes the engine to bog from lack of fuel....

or..

this is probably a long shot, but, i used to have an old Corolla GT-S. it started doing this exact same jerking thing as you describe. i changed the clutch but it continued to happen. come to find out, i had a rather large crack in the air intake hose after the MAP sensor and before the throttle body. once i replaced that part, it drove like a dream.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.