Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gay to the Max
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, woke up early to go to work, started the car, hit the clutch, shift to reverse, and all i hear is cccccrrrrrrrrrshhhhhhhhh grinding gears, the clutch pedal felt mushy and soft, is it time for a new clutch or just replace the clutch disk? im not planning on high hp application so anything good and will last long is what im looking for. any recommendation?

·
Registered
173 Posts
could it be....

it might be that your clutch cable (if its a cable operated clutch) or hydraulic system is faulty, causing your clutch to just stay engaged no matter where the pedal is.
id check that first.
other than that, I could see the clutch disk having been shredded and having stuff floating around in there causing problems, but I dont think that would happen just overnight if it was running fine the day before.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I really don't think it's your clutch. The clutch on my
Nissan faded away; not a sudden problem like you've described.
I got an ACT stage 1 replacement, and it's good; a
little stiffer than stock, but I like it. Again, I don't think
it's your clutch; they just don't "go" like that, IMO.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Well my friend, from what you said, it sounds like its not your clutch... If you said that you tried to put it in reverse and you heard a crunch and you pedal felt musshy, these are symptoms of a low resevoir... Look under your hood and check your fluid level and see if it is low... Clutches don't go out like that...IMHO

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
check for air in the hydraulic system.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am new to the hydro tranny thing. I was wondering what how often should the reservoir be filled if the clutch is still partially good? How do you know when the clutch is shot? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts