Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my clutch is messed up. It just happened out of the blue yesterday. I started the car and when I was getting off first gear it felt like the front end was jumping like how it does when you do a burnout, but I was driving like normal. Then it became hard to take it out of gear and put it in the next. Later after that I could hear a whistling noise (like paper rubbing on paper) right before the I hit the friction point when letting go of the clutch. Then a little bit later it started to grind gears if I tried to shift with the rpm higher than 1,000 RPM. I THINK and am pretty sure its my clutch. Any ideas on what to do or where to get it and if I should do anything else?

· Registered
66 Posts
hey man. how many miles do you have on the car??? i owned two integras within the past 8 years. one was a 94 LS that i sold two years ago, and a 2000 Type R that i currently have. On the LS teg around 42,000 miles, my clutch suddenly would barely let me get into gear. i brought the car into acura and had the master cylinder changed under warranty. now with my ITR, i have about 39,000 miles and i am having problems with the damn clutch again. this time, the clutch makes squeeking noises when it is pressed in and out; also once in a while it engages into gear when the clutch is pressed in fully to the firewall, and released a half an inch (as opposed to engaging in gear when the clutch is a couple inches from the fully pressed in position); and the clutch will come out about an inch, and then get stuck, then pop out. all of these occur daily, but just not every single time the clutch is used. i am bringing the car into acura on 10/14/02 to get looked at.
ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THERE CLUTCH?

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 55,xxx miles on my car. The old owner supposidly changed the clutch at 30,xxx miles with another OEM one. Anyone have any ideas on what clutch to replace mine with and where I can get one for a good price?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.