Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*clutch help please*

i have a 95 accord lx sedan. it has 104k on it. i am still on the orginal clutch.

This is a new thing that i am not sure if my clutch is slipping or going bad.

This only occures when i start the car in mornings and for a short time after. When i release on the clutch my car is very jerkey. It feels like its catching for a sec then off a little and back on. I dont see the tach jump at all. It almost seems as if the wheels are slipping and gaining teaction on and off. But its not the wheels. I recently brought new tires and the ground is dry. This has only been going on for the past month fine but it was the lass two weeks that this problem has been pccuring. Shifting during the day or when it is not cold it's fine. i really doubt that it is time for a new clutch. i bought my car at 97k and the first owner/original he did a lot of freeway driving everyday. about 50 miles. i dont think he miss abused the clutch. He was an older man and not a racer.

if anyone can help me with any information i will greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
what gears does this apply to? all or just some?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
try this
go to a big empty space, like an empty parking lot, put the car in gear and release the clutch slowly without pressing the accelerator (I know, this is hard to do, but you have to let go). If the motor takes more than a second to die, your clutch is slipping bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you mean release to the point that it catches and grabs? i can do it slow enough that i can roll in to gear with our the accelorator.

if you mean to stall then to be honest and hard to admitt...... i stalled it yesterday and it died immeaditally.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
seems like your clutch is still pretty good (they can last forever if you treat em right). it does sound like you may have some hesitation. when was the last time you had a full tuneup?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the guy that i bought it from just had the 90k service done within the last year. i didnt take too much time to read the paper work and see the exactly every detail on what was done... i just knoe that it ran him 1grand. I changed my oil/filter twice since i have gotten it. every 3k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts