Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you are from the Central New York area, or within the surrounding states, but my club has come up with a pretty good idea. My brother is in the Air Force right now and is living in Okinawa. We came up with the idea of trying to import cars as a business. We are currently working on getting our Imports License and already have a building that we will be using as a place to store the vehicles and service them.

The test run for this business will be when I go over there in January and try to bring back a Toyota Supra TT. If this is successful, we'll have a business on our hands. A few of the guys in the club already want some cars, one of them wants a true Civic Type R... (none of that cheesy Pep Boyz junk either!! :rolleyes: )

So what I'm trying to get at is... if I get this thing going.... is anybody on this forum going to want anything?? I am trying to get a good customer base to make this a success! I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also another thing... if this works out... we can "overnight parts from Japan" :p

I know TONS of people probably have Gran Tourismo 3. Anyway... look closely next time at the advertisements on the walls of the tracks. Anyone ever noticed "Autobacks?" Well my bro said that is one of the biggest performance shops on Okinawa where he buys all his stuff for his Pulsar.

So... if anyone needs anything from there as well... when I go over there, I am going to try and see if I can set something up where I can get some sort of partnership with them to get their products over here.

Again... any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Banned
14 Posts
what you will need is a certificate of conformity, a letter from the manufacturer that it (the vehicle) conforms to US (DTI and EPA) specs. you may already know this..

if you have any questions, i might be able to help you as i ship stuff regularly from japan (parts, front clips, half clips, etc). If you need a shipper, i can help you with that also...

·
Registered
373 Posts
im in auburn

·
Registered
373 Posts
nah, but im cool with every1 in ac' and i really dont know about desirable ones.. im more into the import scene... i have already been told i can get into ac' when i get 1 more mod... but im currently unemployed.. soo :rolleyes:

·
Registered
506 Posts
how bout a free full change over for the mods so we can try you out ;)...

BTW I'll take a JDM b18c5

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not really positive how much the changovers for the different vehicles are going to be yet... like I said though, with vehicles that are already in production in the US, I'd imagine it would be a bit cheaper than something that's not over here yet. I will keep you posted though. We have a building so far, and are putting our business portfolio together... we will be putting our application in to be a registered import as well. Everything's coming together pretty well so far!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts