Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Last time I checked, the Cobalt was a good looking and generously powered small car that is a step up the market from the Cavalier. The SS would eat any stock Civic, Corolla, or Sentra, and probably the Si, XRS, and SE-R.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
sinyo2000 said:
I guess Cobalt tries to "help" Neon
which literally failed becoming Import wannaBee

that's what i see, guess a lot more you out there too
:number1
you sound like a domestic boy talking about honda/toyota 25 years ago...more ignorant than anything i would say

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
I don't much respect for a car they just slapped on a turbo/supercharger and called it day.

Surely the WRX and Evo are turboed, but they have been on that platform since start, just how like Porsche continues their heritage.

But when a company says "hey-lets-add-FI-instead-of-improving-the-engine" I honestly don't give them much props

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
///M3ssican said:
I don't much respect for a car they just slapped on a turbo/supercharger and called it day.

Surely the WRX and Evo are turboed, but they have been on that platform since start, just how like Porsche continues their heritage.

But when a company says "hey-lets-add-FI-instead-of-improving-the-engine" I honestly don't give them much props
OK in that case...
Toyota w/ their Chaser, Supra, MR2 Turbo, ST105, 185, 205 Celica
Nissan w/ their Silvia, Sunny, Skyline
Mitsu w/ ALL their VR-4 models

you're not making sense here...every manufactuer near and far adds for induction to improve their engine. did you want them to make a 2 liter that revs to 8k, and makes 200 hp in NA form? whats so different here?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Its not even debatable. When an American car company creates a land boat with a soft suspension, they're stuck in the past and when they create a nice sports compact, they're import wannabes :rolleyes No respect for your homeland.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It may not be an "import" but its still a good sport compact car for a good price. Quality, reliablility, and resale might not be as good as many imports, but its still alot of bang for your buck (fi or trick valve train) and props to domestic companies for realizing potential market trends and doing something about it and not just relying on big SUV's for their profits.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
sinyo2000 said:
I guess Cobalt tries to "help" Neon
which literally failed becoming Import wannaBee

that's what i see, guess a lot more you out there too
:number1
Man, I'd like to see what this dipshit drives.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Say what you want about the Cobalt SS and the Neon SRT-4, but they'll blow just about every other sport compact out of the water in terms of performance. And the Cobalt actually looks to have good build quality (like the new interior). It handles, it accelerates, and it brakes well all at an affordable price.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
hobie237 said:
well, its jsut another import fighter, or wannabee if you want to put it that way...

i just dont like seeing an SS badge on something other than our chevelle...
GM's been whoring the SS bading out lately. It's fine on a rwd v8 car, but not on a fwd, 6cyl, or 4cyl cars.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
spray004 said:
SS used to mean high powered V8 rwd, not anymore.
Yep... it's been a bad couple years, as far as that goes.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
i dont mind so much about it being on a 6cyl or 4cyl (although this pisses me off to no end) as much as i mind it being on FWD... half the point of the SS badge is the BURNOUTS BABY

but i stand by my point that this is an import fighter, not an import wannabe... for those who like domestics and like the sport compact scene

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
njn63 said:
no, it used to mean high powered performance vehicle (at least, to me). That performance can come from anything.

But wait, are you guys more embarassed by the Impala SS or the Cobalt SS? Because the Impala was deffinatly not worthy of the name.

i'm embarassed about any of the recent SS vehicles: impala, cobalt, monte carlo... anything that is FWD...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.