Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We stared from 30 roll and we were neck and neck for awhile but in the end if beat by only half a car link. The guy told he had a bunch of mods but since I beat by half a car link I really doubt it. But it was a good race, I was originally going to an RSX Type S but when I saw how much it would have jacked up my insurance i guess casue of the high theft rate.so i went to get my Cobalt :w00t

Reactions: badinfluence

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
CoabltSS-Super said:
We stared from 30 roll and we were neck and neck for awhile but in the end if beat by only half a car link. The guy told he had a bunch of mods but since I beat by half a car link I really doubt it. But it was a good race, I was originally going to an RSX Type S but when I saw how much it would have jacked up my insurance i guess casue of the high theft rate.so i went to get my Cobalt :w00t
nice kill. the cobalt. is one of the few GM cars that doesn't make me want to throw up.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
johnlude85 said:
imo...the cobalt is JUST another gm that makes me wanna throw up. :noo
hey it outruns the rsx type S and out handles it while pulling in similar mpg. it just came 17 years too late for GM

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is not bad now but when i get this it will be very interesting.

DETROIT - GM Performance Parts is adding some extra juice to the already high-voltage 2.0L Ecotec-powered Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and Saturn ION Redline by introducing two supercharger kits that generate real power gain at the wheels. The Stage One and Stage Two performance upgrade kits provide an additional 31 and 36 hp respectively.

"These stage kits are aimed squarely at the hard core enthusiast looking to boost the power of the already charged-up 205-horsepower 2.0L Ecotec engine of the Chevy Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and Saturn ION Redline," said Nancy Philippart, executive director, GM Accessories. "They deliver increased horsepower and torque throughout the operating range of the engine."

The Stage One Kit (P/N 17801947) with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $500.00, includes higher-flow fuel injectors and an ECU calibration to provide a 31 hp boost to the Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and ION Redline Ecotec engine for a total of 236 hp and 205 lb.-ft. of torque.

The Stage Two Kit (P/N 17803229), with an MSRP of $750.00, yields more power through the middle section of the power curve versus the Stage One Kit. The Stage Two Kit includes the parts available in the Stage One Kit and adds a smaller supercharger pulley and drive belt, pushing the engine alive with 241 hp and 218 lb.-ft. of torque across a broad engine speed range.

"The kits are easy to install and conform to all GM engineering and validation standards for the Cobalt and ION," said Philippart. "And, best of all, they're backed by GM."

The Stage One and Stage Two Kits fit 2005-2006 Saturn ION Redline and Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged models only, require premium fuel, and are available through all GM dealerships

:clap

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
CoabltSS-Super said:
My car is not bad now but when i get this it will be very interesting.

DETROIT - GM Performance Parts is adding some extra juice to the already high-voltage 2.0L Ecotec-powered Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and Saturn ION Redline by introducing two supercharger kits that generate real power gain at the wheels. The Stage One and Stage Two performance upgrade kits provide an additional 31 and 36 hp respectively.

"These stage kits are aimed squarely at the hard core enthusiast looking to boost the power of the already charged-up 205-horsepower 2.0L Ecotec engine of the Chevy Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and Saturn ION Redline," said Nancy Philippart, executive director, GM Accessories. "They deliver increased horsepower and torque throughout the operating range of the engine."

The Stage One Kit (P/N 17801947) with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $500.00, includes higher-flow fuel injectors and an ECU calibration to provide a 31 hp boost to the Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged and ION Redline Ecotec engine for a total of 236 hp and 205 lb.-ft. of torque.

The Stage Two Kit (P/N 17803229), with an MSRP of $750.00, yields more power through the middle section of the power curve versus the Stage One Kit. The Stage Two Kit includes the parts available in the Stage One Kit and adds a smaller supercharger pulley and drive belt, pushing the engine alive with 241 hp and 218 lb.-ft. of torque across a broad engine speed range.

"The kits are easy to install and conform to all GM engineering and validation standards for the Cobalt and ION," said Philippart. "And, best of all, they're backed by GM."

The Stage One and Stage Two Kits fit 2005-2006 Saturn ION Redline and Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS Supercharged models only, require premium fuel, and are available through all GM dealerships

:clap
they are so full of shit. 205 hp my ass. they make like 230 whp fuckers lol. i know an idiot with a redline who got a pulley upgrade and some computer work done to his redline and says he makes 300whp now. i can see some power upage but i doubt he is really making 300whp

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
i hate the ss it pulled on my lude unsuspectingly...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I doubt 300hp but after the GM upgrades stock SC will be at 241 hp/ 214 lbs of t.
If they put in a CAI , Exhaust you might hit 250 possibly 260 but im no car expert .IMO in order to get to 300 whp + you would need to have a twin charged Cobalt/Redline

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
CoabltSS-Super said:
Yeah I doubt 300hp but after the GM upgrades stock SC will be at 241 hp/ 214 lbs of t.
If they put in a CAI , Exhaust you might hit 250 possibly 260 but im no car expert .IMO in order to get to 300 whp + you would need to have a twin charged Cobalt/Redline

a stage two and some internals done plus tunnin is all you would need, 50 extra HP isnt hard to come by..when you talkin bout anything under 500HP

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
CoabltSS-Super said:
more han that. they push atleast 230whp factory. lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If everything goes according to plan then I will have my car Dynoed this weekend and if I do I will be more then happy to post it :)

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
CoabltSS-Super said:
If everything goes according to plan then I will have my car Dynoed this weekend and if I do I will be more then happy to post it :)
great i want to see how full of shit this ION is

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is a pic of my car on the dyno. i will post the sheet soon but i got 216.9 hp to the wheels :) Found alot alot of good info about my car with my air/fuel ratio in the begining i am too lean and as i accelerate i become to rich. so we were looking at some options to fix that. I should get a but more hp once i do that

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i'm not big on the ion, but the cobalt has grown on me. i'd loose the wing though.........quick.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is a really bad pic but here is my DYNO sheet

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
CoabltSS-Super said:
this is a really bad pic but here is my DYNO sheet

what is done to the car to run 219 to the wheels? and what tuning equipment are you using? I just hooked up my safc to my sr20

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only mod i have made are these
K&N CAI
GM Catback Performance Package

Right now i am not using any tuning software but myself and a couple guys i know are lookin at HP Tuners. But what they told me to keep in mind is when i di d this dyno it was very warm outside and my car ran that dyno from a warm start. What i didnt realize until i was done is most of those guys car ran a dyno from a cold start. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
isnt this a honda site wtf are you a closet honda fan

1 - 20 of 75 Posts