Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I am geting really irritated with with this check engine light. I have gone through 4 different IAC's and still my light is on. What is deal?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have gone through the wiring -- TWICE.

I dont believe its the ecu.

kommon_sense: GOdd idea for using the helms. Now I just need to buy it!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
possible air bubble in collant line,
radiator fluid gets routed to the IACV to regulate temp in the TB (or IM depending on what tranny you got ;) )

try flushing it and refilling and make sure to properly do it (aka run car on high heat for several minutes after refill and then check fuild).

right now i have CEL 14 also, but my radiator fluid is clean, and i'm pretty sure i have to clean the IACV ;) (93 octance ownz it)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interesting.

I had a everely warped head which was dumping alot of oil in my coolant. When I redid the head I added SAMCO high temp hoses and a new Aluminum radiator.

My problem was I didnt have the heater control at the time so I couldnt turn the heater on when I flushed the system.

That was this summer and I have since got the heater control and flushed the system, but I wonder.....

let em know if you get your Code 14 to disappear.

·
Registered
786 Posts
How's your intake manifold gasket?? I went through this same situation with my friends GSR he kept getting intermittent Code 14's we cleand than replaced his IAC and nothing...then I was fiddling around by the head nad I felt something and sure enought a piece of his gasket had cracked and was leaking...after that, we replaced the gasket and the code was gone.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gasket is good.

I am getting a new IM and Tbody in the near future and I will be picking the Hondata IM gasket. Another potential problem eliminated.

I swear that by the time I am done with this car nothing will be left untouched!!!!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Sorry for reviving this almost 4 year old thread, but I am having the same problem. I've searched tons of threads but couldn't find anything.

I have replaced the IACV, there's plenty of coolant, no vacuum leaks, my IM gasket is good.. all with no luck. It's a 96 Hatch with a D16y7, with an EX intake manifold. I used the stock throttle body with the 3 wire IACV. The IACV is functioning properly but I still get the CEL code 14. I haven't considered it being a bad ECU, but I guess it's possible? The CEL just came on one day, it didn't happen after working on the car or anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks :D :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts