Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 crx with jdm b16a 1st gen. It started before I dropped my tranny but now it wont. It turnsover, I have fuel. No spark. I know code 15 is ignition output signal is messed up but how do I fix?

I forgot to ask...what wire goes to the ecu that controls the ignition output signal like pinout a10 for example.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
funny thing that you post thing cause my car was throwing code 15 and it turns out that my car is getting no compression...i am now in the process of swapping the engine. i checked everything i could and i even took it to an electrical shop...then they tell me my car is getting no compression...something i never would have thought of.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but my car ran before I dropped the tranny.
ok I know that I need to check ignitor, coil, and wiring cause I messed with ecu and I was thinking maybe wire or something came loose considering the previous owner did swap himself.

1. How much does a ignitor cost?
2. where is a coil in the distributor and how much is it?
3. Where is the wire that goes to the ecu that lets say if you cut it off it would throw a code 15...like pinout lacation

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is the pgm-fi test harness. On the flow chart to test code 15 I did everything and worked my way down to this:

connect the pgm-fi test harness between the ecu and connector, turn the ignition switch on, Mesure voltage individually between b15+ b17+ and a18-. Is there at least 10 volts? If NO replace ignitor unit, repair open or short in wht wires between distributor and ecu (b15 b17). If yes test with a known good ecu.

So wheres that harness and where are those wires in the distributor? Oh and is it one or the other or is there really 2 wht wires?

·
Registered
707 Posts
JonathanCRX said:
what is the pgm-fi test harness. On the flow chart to test code 15 I did everything and worked my way down to this:

connect the pgm-fi test harness between the ecu and connector, turn the ignition switch on, Mesure voltage individually between b15+ b17+ and a18-. Is there at least 10 volts? If NO replace ignitor unit, repair open or short in wht wires between distributor and ecu (b15 b17). If yes test with a known good ecu.

So wheres that harness and where are those wires in the distributor? Oh and is it one or the other or is there really 2 wht wires?
You have to purchase the test harness from Honda. If you dont want to purchase the harness then remember this; plug "A" is the big one, plug "B" is the black one next to it and plug "C" is the last one. The pins are numbered on each plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.