Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally wired up my knock sensor and IAB. now that code 23 went away, code 22 is showing now. i know its the vtec , but how do i check it. need help guys please reply. thanx

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Try cleaning your solenoid on the engine...theres a little screen in there that gets caked with crud sometimes, that can throw it off....

·
Registered
94 Posts
code 22 is the VTEC pressure switch...not the solenoid. I have the same code from my swap....obd2 to obd1. i have done everything other then buy a new one. I have cleaned it, reinstalled it and then later figured out that when you convert obd you dont use the pressure switch ....it was listed "not used" on the conversion wiring diagram....i was a little sketchy at first but the VTEC kicks in as normal and pull like no other....so i know eveything is fine.

the pressure switch is right below the solenoid on the block, usually a green plug

hope that helps

·
Registered
43 Posts
im having a problem with vtec on my ls/vtec stock b18b block with built b16 head and jg cams, vtec kicks once then i get code 22 and it wont come on again. i changed the solenoid and switch and filter and still only works once. i have check and changed wiring and im stumped, after vtec kicks the car sputters and doesnt drive properly so now im thinking its oil pump but car drives fine it i stay below 6,000 rpm and out of vtec. i even tried bridging the vtec oil pressure switch and solenoid wires and then vtec kicks 3 times 1st gear through 3rd gear then code 22 comes back again, can anyone offer any other suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i have a suggestion
start your own thread
this thread was started on and last replied in 7 years ago.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts