Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im trying to make a movie on adobe premier. the problem is that inorder to get the movie on adobe, it needs to be in .mov format and all my movies and clips are in .avi format. what do i do?
thx
quikflip

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
quikflip27 said:
hey guys, im trying to make a movie on adobe premier. the problem is that inorder to get the movie on adobe, it needs to be in .mov format and all my movies and clips are in .avi format. what do i do?
thx
quikflip
you need a converter. im pretty sure quicktime pro converts avi to mov, but it costs money to purchase it. you could also check out download.com and try some free programs like this http://www.download.com/4U-AVI-MPEG-Converter/3000-2194_4-10534969.html?tag=lst-0-2

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
blah its a waste. theres a d/l on the net that has all the codecs in one d/l. iw works great. if your just trying to play .mov..just d/l quicktime. the free version should work fine for yeah. :)
yeah but he's not trying to play clips..he's trying to convert formats

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
quikflip27 said:
thx
quikflip

Premiere doesn't need .mov, infact you have to have Quicktime Pro in order to have the right codec to even put them in Preimere. .AVI is fine in Premiere.

You must be doing something wrong if it won't allow you to use avi clips in there.

What exactly are you doing and how are you doing it?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i try to put in a file (movie). i go file>import>file...file866 (.avi). then when i try to open it, it gives me another popup, saying "unable to open that file. file uses an unsupported compression format"

thx for the help so far
quikflip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.