Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here I go. I have a 96' Accord. When I bought my car, the dealer told me that it came with 2" drop springs. Not knowing much back then, I believed him. But I compared to it to my friend's ride that has a 1.8" drop, hers was much lower than mine. I want to drop it so I totally eliminate any gaps between my tires and the fender. Any suggestions on how I should go about this route, and also the best way. I don't want to spend a lot, but I don't want my ride to bouncy or anything. Where can I buy some good coil-overs? Thanx.

· Registered
414 Posts
Ground Control or you can get the real coilovers!

· Registered
116 Posts
You dont have to change your shocks if your dont want to, but if you want a good ride you probably should. Depending how old they are. I am running coil overs on my car, with koni adjustables, its a decent ride compared to many other cars but still bouncy. Its all good, just get the coil overs for now, and you can always get new shocks later.

· Registered
956 Posts
from what ive read gc is the best, for that price, and if u have tons of $$ to shell out, then apex ws or B+G coilovers, those are nice

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Re: how about..

krazynuttz23 said:
Which do you guys/girls preferr? Skunk2 or ground control? I saw some skun2 for $299. Thanx. Would I need new shocks or will the stock work for now?
skunk 2's are stiff as hell and are meant more for racing than for comfort. i would go w/ some ground controls w/ koni yellow's, but if you are going to spend that much(around $800 total) you might as well just go for some full coilovers.:D

· Registered
116 Posts
I think you should try the ground controls, I have heard fairly good things about them for the accords. skunk2 arent bad, but they are pretty stiff. But then again, if you drop the ground controls all the way down, i am sure they will be stiff as hell also.

· Registered
2,574 Posts
My 6th gen friend and I both have apex'i WSs. Great ride and handling. I would say their worth every penny. I got mine for $830 shipped off of www.groupbuycenter.com That's near the price of GCs and a set of koni yellows.

· Registered
199 Posts
I got my coilovers off of ebay. All i have to say is that they are a piece of shit. If you are going to get coilovers get either gc or sunk2. I would recommend getting some aftermarket struts. But remember u get what u pay for off of ebay. Stick to name brands.

Peace~~~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.