Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I just installed ground control coilovers with koni adjustable shocks. The problem is that my rear is bouncing out of control. The front is perfectly fine when it goes over potholes or bumps. All the settings are all at firmest setting. Do you think it might be the bumpstops that i installed on the rear shocks that is causing the problem?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Did you trim the bumpstops before you installed them? I had to cut my bumpstops when I installed my coilovers because the rear suspension didn't have anymore travel because the bumpstops were too high. Maybe your car is bouncing out of control because the bumpstops are too high and they are stopping the springs from performing as they should??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright i removed the bumpstops everything is fine now. the ride is smooth but i still hear squeaks here and there as i go over those vicious potholes but thanks for the help.

·
Registered
625 Posts
v6cpe978 said:
Recently, I just installed ground control coilovers with koni adjustable shocks. The problem is that my rear is bouncing out of control. The front is perfectly fine when it goes over potholes or bumps. All the settings are all at firmest setting. Do you think it might be the bumpstops that i installed on the rear shocks that is causing the problem?
setting your shocks to its firmest setting is bad for daily driving... especially if the roads you drive on have a lot of potholes; also did you buy ground controls that were made to match with your konis?

0ne

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have any bumpstops installed on any of my shocks but i know it bottoms out when i go over the potholes. The rear suspension is still squeeking as i go over the bumps. yeah i bought the koni and gc set for 50 dollars off my friend. the gc is made to fit the konis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts