• loering springs

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • coilovers

Votes: 5 55.6%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
coilovers have free play in them....its hard to explain untill you experience it...also springs work better on the street...just take my word for it.

H&R sports are great

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It depends on what your goal is. If you are more show then go, then coilovers are what you want. I like a little of both, which is why I have coilovers. I haven't had any problems with performance with them at all yet. I actually like the way they handle better than my neuspeed sports I used to have.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Are you talking about true coilovers are just the sleeved kind? Sleeves are just for height adjustability, some added performance and are pretty much a special spring. True coilovers (which includes the springs and dampers) is where its at for all out handling, usually costs at least a grand while the normal shock/spring setup is about $600. With the full adjustability of a true coilover, you can acheive almost awesome handling and/or stock like ride. I recommend the shock/spring if your the type who just installs and forget. Only get sleeved coilovers if you want the ability to change the height. Get true coilovers if you plan to take it to the road course and do some advanced tuning.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Kilika2k said:
Are you talking about true coilovers are just the sleeved kind? Sleeves are just for height adjustability, some added performance and are pretty much a special spring. True coilovers (which includes the springs and dampers) is where its at for all out handling, usually costs at least a grand while the normal shock/spring setup is about $600. With the full adjustability of a true coilover, you can acheive almost awesome handling and/or stock like ride. I recommend the shock/spring if your the type who just installs and forget. Only get sleeved coilovers if you want the ability to change the height. Get true coilovers if you plan to take it to the road course and do some advanced tuning.
I would imagine he is referring to sleeves. It's not really fair to compare full coilovers to springs since the springs are not even an 8th of the price and springs needs struts to be on the same level to at least be compared.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.