Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good coilovers that you people have used? I'm looking into buying a set, but need advice on which ones to get. Please help me out!

~Peace :D

· Registered
814 Posts
tein ha's... i wouldnt use anything else...

if you wanted to go a slightly cheaper route, koni yellows and ground controls make a good combination...

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Altered4 :)
How much does the Koni/Ground Control setup cost on average? And how reliable is it/easy to raise/lower.

~Peace :cool:

· Registered
106 Posts
If you got he money APexi N1's are tha sheazy from what I hear by the owners. Alot of Luders seem to have Ground Controls for the price.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
apexi and tein are the only way to go. don't screw with other shit. HONESTLY....get tein or apexi:)

· Registered
814 Posts
4bidden said:
tein ha price = :eek:
you would actually be surprised... i paid a grand for mine (without the pillowballs)... i know of people that have been able to get a set for around 900 dollars... tein now makes a ss coilover for preludes... it's just like the ha, but without the helper spring, and with lower spring rates... i believe they go for around 800 dollars (dont quote me though)...

nice thing about the teins is that they offer 16 point dampening adjustability... the apex n1's (do they even make an application for preludes?) only offer height adjustability... dampening is not adjustable... for that reason, i would go with the koni/ground control combination over the n1's... not only that, but you can specify spring rates when you buy ground controls...

· Registered
672 Posts
Skunk2Integra said:
If you like dragging and hard cornering-Skunk2 coilovers
If you like cornering with a nice ride-Skunk2 Springs
too bouncy! u need to be a hardcore turn lover to get those.

· Registered
386 Posts
Our coilovers were not designed to ride good with OEM shocks. But they can be. Most cars equipped with our coilovers are bareable. I would recommend you to get new shocks and the ride will be as smooth as anyother. Sharp cornering, reduce body roll, decreases braking distance, takes away squat while doing hard drag launches. (especially with heavy ludes)

· Registered
12,727 Posts
Skunk2Integra said:
Our coilovers were not designed to ride good with OEM shocks. But they can be. Most cars equipped with our coilovers are bareable. I would recommend you to get new shocks and the ride will be as smooth as anyother. Sharp cornering, reduce body roll, decreases braking distance, takes away squat while doing hard drag launches. (especially with heavy ludes)
They need to lengthin the coils from each other. my front coils are almost touching each other on the drivers side. they come close. they need a higher spring rate with the coils farther apart.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.