Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter who makes the cold air intake systems. I saw a set on ebay for only $40.00.

AEM makes the for over $150.00.

Do they all work the same way.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
YES...
performance wise, maybe not. I mean its an intake, the gains you will see alone arent very much any way. But quality wise it does. The welds won't be as good, the material won't either. When it comes to quality intakes, you get what you pay for.

when you buy a quality intake you arent just paying for the product, you are paying for its reasearch and development, testing, marketing, and a big thing is customer support. Do you think it something goes wrong w/ your intake that you bought off ebay that you'll ever see custom support ensuring that your product gets fixed, HELL no.

its your choice, but i would advise u to pay for a quality product.

·
Registered
156 Posts
it doesnt really matter, the only thing thats really important anyway is the diameter of the pipe and the filter.

just buy a cheap ebay intake and then get a k&n cone filter......

the only reason i'd buy a name brand intake is for bragging rights

·
Registered
247 Posts
SMOG CHECK

Pass my smog check with flying colors
with my AEM CAI....

Not implying you should get one.
But I do love the carb sticker

·
Registered
743 Posts
if you buy a quality intake like aem it is powder coated and i think it has zink in the piping also to resist heat from getting into the actual air flow and yes after cruising for like 10mins your exhaust pipe intake will get hot. and the aem will be preserving the colder air and it has a good filter that will last a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts