Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had trouble with cold air intake taking in water from driving in the rain. and how safe are they for daily drivers. (because if it rains, i still have to drive it)

· Registered
1,015 Posts
well you have to be in pretty deep water for the AEM cold air to suck in any water... but if it happens, ur fuc#$% since the engine hydrolocks and is destroyed.

You have nothing to worry about... just keep away from deep puddles of water.

· Registered
9,883 Posts
the by pass vavle only works if your intake us submerges under weater. which meants that your entire filter head must be in water, and you reving/driving while its under submerged. thats the only time where the by pass valve works.
if you spray water on the filter the by pass valve doesnt work.
i personaly think its a waste of money.

i woulndt worry too much about getting hydrolock, as long as you dont drive in flooded area. and plus stay away from deep water.
if it just rains then you should be ok.

· Registered
108 Posts
Love my CAI. Bypass valve prevents hydrolocking when driving in puddles. As for the little sprays of water, it all evaporates by the time its even close to the throttle body. <==== speaking from experience. I love my Cold Air Intake and so do all my friends that have it.

· Registered
108 Posts
no one said:
Love my CAI. Bypass valve prevents hydrolocking when driving in puddles. As for the little sprays of water, it all evaporates by the time its even close to the throttle body. <==== speaking from experience. I love my Cold Air Intake and so do all my friends that have it.
By the way, U jux have to make sure that its installed right, or else u may have problems. Also make sure that the bypass valve is good. I had a friend whose bypass valve opened up everytime he rev'd up, resulting in having 2 air filters. He exchanged the faulty bypass valve and now works great.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replys...now how bout short rams...i heard that ghetto set ups like, short ram with tubing from the bumber works pretty good too. whats u'r take on this. Lookin to go inexpensive route fo now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.