Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around the car tonight and noticed that the lower radiator hose was cold. The upper one was hot and the car had been running for a little. So I figure that its either the thermostat or I thought I heard something about bleeding the system. Has anyone done this or have any ideas on this procedure or am I mistaken??

p.s. there is plenty of coolant in the engine!!!

Thanks
:(

·
Registered
367 Posts
um.. had you been driving it earlier
i am not sure. but i know in some cars, but i am not sure with accords. never really checked. but the transmission has a cooller up by the radiator. maybe that is what it is.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
only the automatics have the tranny oil cooler, i believe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some confusion

Well I am talking about the lower radiator hose that runs to the thermostat housing. It is a at least 1 1/2" diamater hose. That is the one that is cold after running the car for a bit. So either its the frigid weather right now, or .... :wow

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
shizzle, it must be pretty cold out there. i'm pretty sure that as long as you feel the top one being hot, then the coolant and radiator are doing their jobs removing the heat from the engine :tu

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UltraMagneticAL said:
shizzle, it must be pretty cold out there. i'm pretty sure that as long as you feel the top one being hot, then the coolant and radiator are doing their jobs removing the heat from the engine :tu

Okey Dokey. thanks Ultra!! :clap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts