Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay soo i just got my car back from getting a paint job. i was told that i still needed to get my color sanded.....and that i should wait a few days before i get that done. the whole process of painting my car was done through a friend of a friend....and it didnt include getting it color sanded....

my question is what is color sanding?.......i dont want to pay another 200 dollars to get it done by someone else...i was wondering if its something i can do.....

if it is something i can do....can someone give me some advice as how to go about it....thanks !!!

· Registered
899 Posts
I am not positive but i think color sanding is the same thing as wet sanding. It is a hell of a lot of work but when you get done you will be proud. What you do is get like 2000 grit sandpaper and wetten the sand paper and the part you are sanding and sand it until the paint becomes a flat color. Then you take a buffer and use compound to bring the shine out then another type of compound to bring the shine out even more. Then after that you just hand wax it. so as you can see it is a lot of work. Oh and when you are using the compound use an elctric or air powered buffer, dont do it by hand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.