Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
maybe with good tires and an awesome driver. They usually run mid to low 15's I've raced quite a few, even in my old GSR and won.
05's will run 14.8 bone stock in ideal conditions. and intake i've seen as low as 14.6. full bolt-ons, reflash and tires you're looking at 13.9-14.2 depending on the driver/track/conditions.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
seriously they are still fucking slow. a high 14 second car is nothing to write home about..

and i wouldn't get a civic. drive by wire= fail and interior dash configuration = fail
well lookig around the 2002 age range and $8,000 CAD or less, I can't really see whats gonna give me more speed for the money. Can you?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
well lookig around the 2002 age range and $8,000 CAD or less, I can't really see whats gonna give me more speed for the money. Can you?
i was saying that in regards to you thinking that it would be a huge bump in uncontrollable performance. and i'm saying it's still slow so don't worry.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
because i am an ass and it is is slow. 14.9 in absolute best conditions. you're not going to kill yourself with a 15 second car. it will feel peppier and that's about it.
Estimated Performance Specs

0-60 mph 6.74 seconds
1/4 mile 15.39 seconds at 91.10 mph
Lateral acceleration .89 g
Slalom 62 mph
2006 Acura RSX Standard Equipment and Specs

Standard Specs and Dimensions
Engine type I-4
Engine displacement 122 cu.in.
Engine horsepower 201-hp @ 7,800 rpm
Engine torque 140 lbs.-ft. @ 7,000 rpm
Valvetrain DOHC
Valves 16
Engine bore x stroke 3.4" x 3.4"
Compression ratio 11.00 to 1
Fuel tank capacity 13.2 gal.
Fuel economy city 23 mpg
Fuel economy highway 31 mpg
Drag coefficient .32
Curb weight 2,840 lbs.
you're not going to kill yourself. yeah it makes 200 hp but it makes 140 tq to the flywheel and weighs 2840lbs. it's not remotely fast so you'll be safe unless you can't you drive. on average it's a hair faster than a stock gsr. tq moves mass and frankly that tq isn't anything crazy regardless of the hp. 110 wtq moving 2840lbs of mass will not be remotely scary.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
did you just ignore the whole first portion of the thread. I said I'm coming from my 99 civic, I believe my d16 has 106tq at the crank and is ~2600lbs. I never said I wanted an unsafely fast car, nor is that what I was expecting.

And what is with your love of the phrase "you're not going to kill yourself"? No shit I'm not going to kill myself, it's a car, I can control it, I'm not concerned. I'm not going to say something stupid like "oh im amazing ive driven super cars", but I have driven faster cars and am perfectly comfortable driving something with a little power.

And out of curiosity, how many times have YOU driven one? And this is not me standing up for the car, I only have slightly higher expectations for it then I do my civic. I'm just wondering how you can act like you know so much about it?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
did you just ignore the whole first portion of the thread. I said I'm coming from my 99 civic, I believe my d16 has 106tq at the crank and is ~2600lbs. I never said I wanted an unsafely fast car, nor is that what I was expecting.

And what is with your love of the phrase "you're not going to kill yourself"? No shit I'm not going to kill myself, it's a car, I can control it, I'm not concerned. I'm not going to say something stupid like "oh im amazing ive driven super cars", but I have driven faster cars and am perfectly comfortable driving something with a little power.

And out of curiosity, how many times have YOU driven one? And this is not me standing up for the car, I only have slightly higher expectations for it then I do my civic. I'm just wondering how you can act like you know so much about it?
So coming from my 127hp 5spd civic, what can I expect? I know, go test drive one... well thats not really an option where I live, I'll be flying to southern ontario and driving one home. I asked this question in the civic forum but it wasn't the most helpful. I'm kind of hoping someone who reads this and has a type s, maybe had something similar to my civic in the past so I can get a good comparison.

Thanks everyone :)
I never said it had to be fast. you asked what to expect. i said 2nd gear grind and it's 2 slow to kill yourself unless you're a bad driver. you've answered your own question in the first post of the thread. it's a slightly faster glorified civic with a 6 speed.

also you'll get more accurate responses on an rsx forum one would think....what would civic owners know about an rsx? and in terms of speed, you said you wanted something somewhat fast in the other thread you started on this same exact topic asking car advice and you were comparing s2k's rx8's wrx's and turbo volvos as other candidates.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I

also you'll get more accurate responses on an rsx forum one would think....what would civic owners know about an rsx? and in terms of speed, you said you wanted something somewhat fast in the other thread you started on this same exact topic asking car advice and you were comparing s2k's rx8's wrx's and turbo volvos as other candidates.
I did want something somewhat fast/quick... in relation to my car. And I was asking for opinions about the other cars, but decided to go the RSX route as its easier on the budget. And that thread was in the CIVIC forum, which is why THIS thread is in the RSX forum, to get opinions from ppl who may have an RSX. I was hoping somebody on here may have drivin a civic and an rsx and could give me their impressions between the 2.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i was unaware it was a dead forum, and i was hoping to get a comparison between the 2 cars (civic rsx), figured Id have a better chance here then CRSX, I've just been a lurker over there.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
yeah i would look at club rsx. your more likely to find people that have gone from a civic to an rsx more so than the other way around. most of the dudes on club rsx have probably owned a civic beforehand

21 - 31 of 31 Posts