Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice: component 2 ways without crossovers, good or bad?

Right now I have a component set installed in my car.
sony cdx-gt500 (HU)
kenwood kfc-p605ie (front) not amped

At the moment only the tweeters are hooked up through the crossovers to the HU, not the 2 ways. is there any benifit to also wire up the 2 ways through the crossovers that they came with? or just leave it as is. the only reason why they are not wired through the crossovers b/c it seems like it will be a pain in the ass to do so. (having to chop into the connectors in the dash, or tearing up the weather/stripping going from the door to the cabin.

Everything sounds fine, i guess i shouldnt try to fix it if it isnt broken but I dont want to do any damage and have to replace another set of speakers down the line.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tweeters are hooked up into the crossovers, its the 2 ways that arnt. its this way at the moment due to it being a pain in the ass to wire them in. im asking if i should bother going through the trouble of finding a way to wire up the 2 ways, or just leave them as they are connected straight to the HU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.