Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for something to sound good for the inside of my car. See sig for what I drive...

I was looking at:
mtx: 5.25" Thunder 8000 Component set. $140
and
$160 - PIONEER TSC130R REV SERIES 5-1/4" WOOFER/1" TWEETER SYS

for 6x9's
$115 - PIONEER TSD690R 6X9 REV SRS 330W 2-WAY SPEAKER
Kappa 692.5i $130

I would prefer to stay with 2ways in the rear.. 3/4 dont excite me.

to power em:
$145 - PIONEER GMX564 200W 4-CHANNEL AMPLFIER W/XOVER

anyone got any better suggestions?

·
Registered
658 Posts
first off, i would get 6.5 components for the front because these will have better bass output. as for the 6x9s in the rear...that is not me because you should ditch em anyways if you ever get subs. are you getting sub(s)? i would probably get a 5.25 coaxial speaker instead. if you don't care so much, you can do without them since your car is fairly small anyways...just make sure to put enough power into the fronts.

me personally
- 6.5 comps up front
- no rears
- 12" sub in trunk
- decent 4x100 amp

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
VTECnicalAccord said:
I'll second that, as I'm sure you knew I would. :D

I'll be the third. And yeah i was expecting you would agree with it.

I say no rears, and if you have to do it, get 6.5s for the rear, they are a little better than 6X9s

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
crx4luke said:
I'll be the third. And yeah i was expecting you would agree with it.

I say no rears, and if you have to do it, get 6.5s for the rear, they are a little better than 6X9s
I'm relentless in my quest against rear fill. I say NAY to rear fill in coupes. Especially in a civic, and I assume it's a coupe (right?). The car is small enough inside that a nice set of components with some clean power will be all the sound you need for you and your ears to be happy. :D :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Question on my future setup

Hmm.... can i get anyone's opinion on my future setup?...

- 2 12" ARC d4 subs ($300 for both)
- 2 4050 ARC amps ($375 each i think)
-Rainbow Pro-Series 2way components (the cs265 p3 i think)
-Sound Line 6x9's

I need people's opinions cuz i don't know SHIT about systems... and i'm just taking some guy's word that my car would sound pretty good. Also the box is gonna be mdf and sealed

overal everything should be costing me $1490 or so i think.... not including the installation

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
is that a good install?? shit! i would kill for that kind of system. arc audio/rainbow are top-notch brands!

·
Registered
16 Posts
if your looking for quality subs/box try visiting www.rmscaraudio.com
nothing but good things said about the power mouse systems. the dual 10's pound harder than a pair of 15s. I am getting my dual8 soon!

·
Registered
658 Posts
my thoughts...don't ever get 6x9s if you are getting real subs! if you must have rear speakers, get them as smaller coaxials so you don't ever overpower the fronts. or just go without them if the cabin is small enough. i think the only times i would add rear speakers is if i had a sedan or if i wanted to create a "surround" sound kind of environment (especially with mobile video).

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
VTECnicalAccord: you don't have rear fill with the viedeo in your car. Does the movie still sound the same, or is it a little different? I don't like rear fill, and the only thing that would make me want it is if i had an SUV, Large Sedan, or something like that, but i was just wondering what it was like?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
crx4luke said:
VTECnicalAccord: you don't have rear fill with the viedeo in your car. Does the movie still sound the same, or is it a little different? I don't like rear fill, and the only thing that would make me want it is if i had an SUV, Large Sedan, or something like that, but i was just wondering what it was like?
Right. Well, to be honest I could probably use a set of rears and a center channel for my DVD setup, but for one thing I don't watch the DVD player that much, and when I do it's usually some type of live concert DVD where you're back to wanting the sound only from in front of you. I haven't decided whether or not I am going to keep anything multimedia when I start my new install, but if I do I will add 4 new monitors, maybe 5, and most likely add the option for rear and center channel sound sources. Something that can be switched on and off so as not to interfere with sound stage and imaging during normal daily listening. AS for when I DO watch a movie, it sounds absolutely fine, quite killer actually. Sure you don't get that movie theater surround, but I haven't encountered an instance in which a person has said "Gee, the sound blows." I agree that rear fill is absolutely uneccessary in 2 door cars, as a set of decent components will provide more than enough sound. I still say it's useless in ALL vehicles, and I'm sure I'll get flamed on for saying this, but unless the passengers in the back seats helped pay for and/or install the system I don't care what it sounds like to them. I also don't sit in the back seat and turn the stereo on, LOL. That's MY OPINION, I don't expect anyone to agree whatsoever, but I'm sticking to it. :D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have installed a pair of inifinity tweets just for rear fill if anybodys sitting back there. My CDTS up front are doing its job of being loud enough to satisfy my needs for now. I too am against 6x9's being in the back if your going to have some powerful subs.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i get the point 6x9 = waste of money.. Mise well just keep the stock ones back there.. dam

SO what the hell should i buy for the front..

6 1/2 require some cutting or something dont they? in my 00 civic coupe

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
SpeedxRacer said:
I have installed a pair of inifinity tweets just for rear fill if anybodys sitting back there. My CDTS up front are doing its job of being loud enough to satisfy my needs for now. I too am against 6x9's being in the back if your going to have some powerful subs.
do you have your CDT's in kicks or door panels?:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
door panel
and tweeters located near the mirrors
those just pop in and out i pulled off one

·
Registered
658 Posts
6.5s at most require fabricating new spacers or just modifying the stock plastic basket. no worries because you won't be the first to try this. as for speakers, go out an audition some yourself...only you will know what you like. the difference basically boils down to the type of tweeter used...it's either made of metal or fabric. both have different sound qualities. you don't need something super nice, just get something decent that fits your budget.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
VTECnicalAccord said:
Right. Well, to be honest I could probably use a set of rears and a center channel for my DVD setup, but for one thing I don't watch the DVD player that much, and when I do it's usually some type of live concert DVD where you're back to wanting the sound only from in front of you. I haven't decided whether or not I am going to keep anything multimedia when I start my new install, but if I do I will add 4 new monitors, maybe 5, and most likely add the option for rear and center channel sound sources. Something that can be switched on and off so as not to interfere with sound stage and imaging during normal daily listening. AS for when I DO watch a movie, it sounds absolutely fine, quite killer actually. Sure you don't get that movie theater surround, but I haven't encountered an instance in which a person has said "Gee, the sound blows." I agree that rear fill is absolutely uneccessary in 2 door cars, as a set of decent components will provide more than enough sound. I still say it's useless in ALL vehicles, and I'm sure I'll get flamed on for saying this, but unless the passengers in the back seats helped pay for and/or install the system I don't care what it sounds like to them. I also don't sit in the back seat and turn the stereo on, LOL. That's MY OPINION, I don't expect anyone to agree whatsoever, but I'm sticking to it. :D

That part about the people sitting in the back not helping pay is so true. I paid for it, so i want to hear the best part....but i don't have a back seat to begin with... that's why i weight the passenger side speakers a little more than the driver side, so it pulls the sound stage more towards the center for me. i know i should get kicks, but i can't afford them right now. But thanks for your thoughts on the mobile video, and surround sound.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
GSteg said:
do you have your CDT's in kicks or door panels?:)
Unfortunately theyre in the door panels but they still do sound nice. I cant afford to do anything else to the car right now. Im about to sell it for somthing nicer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts