Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just blew my motor up and am going to rebuild it, D16Y7, and am wondering what kind of compression ratio i should run. am going to dtep up to the 8p.s.i. pulley on my supercharger and am also going to run a 75 wet shot of nitrous. I have heard lower compression is better for superchargers, but is this just for my engines sake or what. I am thinking that higher compression will always make more power, please tell me if i am wrong on this. I am thinking of going with 10:1. Any info will help, thanx.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'm going to be running 11:1 on 8 pounds.

I've heard of guys running 11:1 on 10 pounds with stock internals on an S2000. Not sure if that was on race gas though.

In any case, just watch your Air Fuel Ratio, your intake temperature and every time you fill up, for the next half hour, listen for detonation/pinging carefully. If you hear any, don't push the car and immediately add in octane booster. You may have gotten bad fuel.

·
Registered
310 Posts
get water injection and it will be a real nice setup, I think this is the way to go, go to the aquamist web site look at the second stage kit and then get back to me, I think it is the way to go, raise the compression, leave the boost at <10 psi, water inject, and tune fuel through safc...we could be talking kick ass setups. Well this is the plan I have tring to get approval for...with you know who! cspina

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting an aquamist setup. Going to cost me about $500 installed. Not too shabby. Thinking of getting one done with a NA engine anyway, because I'm getting a bit of a detonation problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts