Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
wel... to increase compression with a head gasket you would need a thinner one and i dont know of anyone one that makes on.

normally people put thicker head gaskets to lower CR.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
bonestock94 said:
wel... to increase compression with a head gasket you would need a thinner one and i dont know of anyone one that makes on.

normally people put thicker head gaskets to lower CR.

excuse my ignorance but why would you want to lower compression ratio?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Changing head gaskets will gain you VERY minimal increases in compression. You might gain a few tenths if youre lucky. The thinnest compressed height I've ever seen on a head gasket was 0.015. The average head gasket compressed (that I've seen) is between 0.035-.040. If you want to lower your compression ratio (too add larger amounts of boost safely), then I've seen people stack head gaskets and I believe they make spacers as well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Also with the higher compression you will need a larger diameter in intake and exhaust systems. I agree with spray that the only reason that you would lower your compression ratio is to safely increase you boost setting. Different heads won't increase your CR that much tho...

·
Registered
51 Posts
get forged pistons?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
silveracc said:
excuse my ignorance but why would you want to lower compression ratio?
more boost, more slack with tuning.

just like how people get lower CR pistons for boost(besides the fact that they are forged).

·
Registered
682 Posts
if the F22 is a F22a series then the compression should be 8.8:1ish.... i would suggest to pull ur head and have a slight mill done..... also to get the head gasket thing ur talking about, u would have to find a 2 ply head gasket and take the gasket apart (heat it and pull it apart) and use one of the layers.... i know a lot of people do it with the 3 ply D16Y8 head gasket......

·
Registered
365 Posts
personally... it doesn't seem worth it to even try to get a higher compression out of an F22... the only way i can think of to get a thinner gasket is to get paper gaskets... (do they make paper gaskets for heads?) but anyways, if i were you i would just do what you could to the inside and then turbo the shit out of your block... it should be fun!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Fel Pro makes a gasket that compresses to .015. I do not know if they make it for a Honda though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts