Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some true numbers, i have a b18c1 block and head. I needed to bore the block +25 over and had to mill the head .0010". Now my question is i want to use +25 CTR pistons& rings but someone told me the com. would be to high. and i wouldnt be able to tune it. I know that if i use ITR pistons i will have no problems. if anyone is using CTR pistons in a b18c1w/ a gsr head let me know.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
I have heard that you can't advance past like 2 degrees with a setup like yours with the CTR pistons without fear of collision.

· Registered
1,531 Posts
The compression lvl on it shouldnt be that high but it will be higher then say if you slap those pistons in a b16a or so. tuneing shouldnt be a problem and compression shouldnt keep you from tuning your motor unless your running a insanely high compression and you dont have available high octane fuel around.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is practically imposible to run this setup. I talked to more than one very reputible mach. shops and the comp. level 12.5+-a point or two your timing must be retarded and 94 octane is not stable at the comp. Just to let every one know, thanks for the feedback.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.