Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my comptech header that i bought for a great deal off of parts trader came yesterday

-stainless steel, 4-2-1 stepped design, TIG welded, used, but no scratches, dents, or dings (250 bucks!:eek: )

so i polished it up, and thought i would leave it sit till friday because i have a ton of shit to do this week, but needless to say, i got home from studying at about 10 pm, and it was calling my name

so i started unbolting stuff, and surprisingly, i had everything unbolted from the stock one in about 20 min (no joke!) so i was excited with that (PB blaster compound VERY recommended here, as with any suspension or exhaust work i do, buy some at autozone), but then, i spent like an hour dicking around with trying to get the o2 sensor out, that thing was stuck really good, and i didn't have a decent wrench to get it off with, it is 22 mm

finally i figured out you could unplug it up a ways, so i did that and then just took the old manifold inside and got the sensor out

installed the comptech in about 15 min (EXCELLENT fitment on this product), tightened everything, then washed it with a solution of dawn dish soap and water (do this to wash the oil/residue from your hands off of the header, otherwise it will discolor unevenly) then reset my ECU then out for a test drive

i was expecting to hear a bit of sound difference, maybe the exhaust louder, but honestly, i didn't, i don't know if i'm disappointed or not about that

but i was kind of disappointed that the 'mykem ass dyno' didn't notice any particular difference in acceleration...now i know its a quality product and there certainly are gains associated with it...but they really came un noticeable to me

all in all, i was really really hyped about this mod, cuz it was the last thing besides a high flow cat that i needed in the external air flow system, but now that i have it, i probably enjoy the cool looks of it under my hood more than i do the extra few HP

pics to soon follow

peace, mike

·
Registered
471 Posts
well, i think we only feel the gain if there's a sound with it. it's like a psychological trick... the "butt dyno" probably doens't feel shit diffrence unless the car changed in sound...

When i installed my header, i didn't notice crap either. I thought maybe my car was even slower. But also you said you don't have an exhaust, so your still goign to be restricted all teh way up to teh cat. Once you get a nwe cat and exhaust, then when you put the stock manifold on, you'll def notice a diffrence.

nice price too, 250 for a comptech... that's too good to give up

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Glad to see that you were able to keep the header!!! Before you get all dissapointed, take her to the track, and see what kind of times you run.

Good luck with it!!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts