Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmzz...is it possible that the comptech icebox gain 19 Hp and 13 lb ft of torque on a 2000 GSR? that's what comptech claimed on their website. Is any1 currently usin that icebox on their tegs? how is it compare to AEM n Injen? im thinkin about gettin the comptech drop-in filter to replace my AEM cai, should I? any suggestions based on experience?
here is the link to the dyno sheet
http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dyno/00gsr_ice_box.pdf

· Banned
2,834 Posts
You guys didn't see the print that says "***This car ALSO equipped with Comptech Header & Exhaust***"

19 WHP?

Nahhh... NOT with just the Intake! that's pretty lofty a number but, hey I've seen some crazy results with different cars and different mods. Some cars respond differently than others. but, NOT 19 peak WHP from just an intake!

As for the GSR? You could go with the AEM, Injen, Iceman, or Comptech Icebox,,, and get similar results... The AEM always seems to beat the others out with a few more peak HP and a strong spike at Vtec crossover.

As for the B18c5 "the type-R?" There still seems to be a strong following for the AEM here but, the Mugen and Again Comptech Icebox Beat out the AEM in the midrange with a sacrifice of small top end number's that the AEM guys are just so proud of.

It all depends what you want out of the car and the mod. It's NOT always PEAK Horsepower Numbers but, the numbers under the curve and don't forget TORQUE! Torque is what gets you off the line and moving... the Comptech icebox does this better than the AEM/CAI.

Here are the Icebox numbers for the ITR B18c5 and the Injen, AEM/CAI & Comptech Icebox This was an independant study done under controlled conditions that Comptech sponsored, at a Independent private facility...

Remember though that although numbers don't lie they also DON'T give you a feel for the mod or car under real world conditions. Actually driving the car with these mods would certainly halp and be a deciding factor.

I've had both the AEM/CAI, and Comptech icebox... I'm sticking with the latter. The benefits far outweigh any loss which also includes Safety and Hydrolock protection. I also modded the Stock intake box for fun which Lost power BTW.

I ain't a sales person, I just use what works best for me...

A.

· Registered
445 Posts
In the recent HondaTuning issue that had an RSX Type R tested with a variety of intakes from short cam to Cold Air intake........ The AEM CAI put out outstandering numbers 20.7 hp just off an intake and DC Sport CAI also put out big numbers 19.7 hp. This is hard to believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.